1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio Shakeup - 790 chooses Josh Innes over Adam Clanton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

She's hot.

Adam is a radio/internet tough guy in the anti-pc, whitelash mold.

Nothing surprising here.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Live sports, sure.

Talk sports? There are actually daily podcasts out there... but I find the best ones that come out multiple times a week are the ones after big events, or an NFL sunday.

3. Poloshirtbandit

justtxyank likes this.
  4. Poloshirtbandit

Dem boyz on Kirby mayne... AND I'LL HOLLA

desihooper, mrm32 and JamesC like this.
  5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Howard n Memorial, Christian in La Marque, Gabe in Pearland and the worst caller ever; Braaaaaaaaaaddddd in Spring Branch.

desihooper and TMac'n like this.
  6. Poloshirtbandit

I have to change the channel if he calls in. I can't with his voice.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yep, I cannot lunge at the radio fast enough, complete shut it off. Him, Lopez and Innes...

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I totally agree on this.

Clanton while sounded much more under control and reasonable on the radio, he was a mess on twitter.

Not only he often will like those trash white right twitters, he often will act like an idiots on twitter.

I know he is a H town hommie and defended Harden, but his fight with Sarah Spain was just idiotic and eventually hurt him more than what he can gain.

He is a weirdo, I don't think he get along with many people at all.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

KILT 610 AM announces programming changes

KILT (610 AM), the longtime Houston sports radio market leader that has struggled in recent months, announced its most significant lineup shuffle in at least four years Wednesday, moving nighttime host Paul Gallant to mornings and rehiring former host Fred Davis while parting ways with midday host Cody Stoots.

Gallant, who has worked the evening shift for KILT since 2014, will now work morning drive (6-10 a.m.) alongside incumbents Mike Meltser and Seth Payne.

With Stoots’ departure from the midday (10 a.m.-2 p.m.) show with John Lopez, Lopez will be paired with Landry Locker, the current morning show producer, and Fred Davis, who returns to KILT after working for the station from 2012 until January 2014.

Sean Pendergast, Rich Lord and Ted Johnson will continue to host from 2-6 p.m., and the Houston Texans hour will continue from 6 to 7 p.m. The station did not announce programming plans for the 7-10 p.m. time slot now hosted by Gallant.

The lineup changes are effective Tuesday, said Sarah Frazier, market manager for Entercom’s Houston radio stations.

“Part of remaining on top is continuing to evolve with the needs of the Houston audience,” Frazier said in a statement. “I'm excited about the energy that Paul will bring to mornings and Fred and Landry will bring to middays.”

KILT, however, has steadily lost ground in the men 25-54 demographic in recent months. None of its three 6 a.m.-6 p.m. shows led its time slot in the most recent Nielsen Audio ratings book.

Stoots, who had hosted middays with Lopez since 2016, was not listed in Entercom’s release about the new lineup and did not immediately return a text message seeking comment on his status. ​

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Uh, Landry Locker is terrible. Stoots wasn't great but Jesus that is a downgrade

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

But el Lopez is still there...? Terrible. Moving PG to mornings is a bad move; he's best on longer shows where he can rant about everything but sports; his best work ever was the night of the Dallas shooting back in July '16; talking about pressing social issues will not happen on the morning show, and that will be sorely missed. Huge loss for me, not having PG on evenings. He can talk outta his ARSE sometimes, like not know what El Tri means and last night saying Temple of the Dog is PJ; 'do you even flannel brah?' He will be missed...

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Why is it so hard for Houston AM sports radio to find and keep talented talk show people? Especially when the most talented host is on the small FM station...

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Sucks for Cody. Unfortunately, I never listened to his show because of the other guy.

K mf G and Torn n Frayed like this.
  14. likestohypeguy

I'm good then

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Gallant never talks rockets. He is all football all the time. Not that I listen to him much, but whenever I tune it during at night he was always talking football.

16. conquistador#11

so what's the deal with the 610 local radio stations going for threesomes. It just seems useless in the radio format.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya that is a strange move. Triple Threat and Matt Thomas probably the best shows. MAD Radio is decent but Seth Payne can be insufferable. Everything else is pretty much garbage IMO.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Might as well throw in more of my two cents. I don’t like Texans radio with Marc vandermeer. So damn boring.

Nook, macho87, Dave2000 and 4 others like this.
  19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I wonder if this means Clanton is no longer employed by the Rockets

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Sure that's a safe bet.

TMac'n likes this.