1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Radio Shakeup - 790 chooses Josh Innes over Adam Clanton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's really weird listening to Clanton on the Rockets' broadcasts now. It's like, he's totally fired, but...he needs to do this one thing...

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's appealing.

Bear_Bryant likes this.
  3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So was there legit beef between lance and Adam?

Lance was talking about the Mitchell thing last night and the fouls situation and how Jazz fan is crying about how many foul shot attempts Harden gets the last few seasons. He didn’t exactly say Adam’s name but he said one of his old partners used to go hard on the refs and it was just a bad look because James benefits from calls a lot.

The only station Adam can go to is 610?

97.5 and 94.1 are the same owner stations.

Also, there was a picture in the chronicle talking about this. It was a dated photo from Super Bowl 51. He looked so buddy buddy with Alyssa Milano. She’s one of the biggest hardcore liberals in Hollywood. That’s like me trying to snag a picture of me and Karl Malone.

Stand in your beliefs homey.

RasaqBoi and justtxyank like this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

Why do I feel like Vandermeer is going to be calling pro-wrestling at some point in his life?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Could be TRUMPed if Alyssa was his childhood crush.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Does it seem Clay Travis is forcing his deeper than what it is ?

His voice sounds weird to me.. like the guy from the Cordell & Cordell commercials.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

latest rankings/ratings if anyone was wondering. Bottom line was doing better than the morning show:
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...io-AT-T-SportsNet-short-changing-12867417.php

1. Fred Faour/A.J. Hoffman (4-7 p.m., KFNC)
    2. Rich Lord/Sean Pendergast/Ted Johnson (2-6 p.m., KILT)
    3. Sean Jones/Adam Clanton/Jayson Braddock (3-6 p.m., KBME)
    4. Lance Zierlein/John Granato (7-9 a.m., KFNC)
    T5. Matt Thomas (noon-3 p.m., KBME)
    T5. Greg Koch/N.D. Kalu (10 a.m.-noon, KBME)
    T5. Josh Innes (6-10 a.m., KBME)
    T8. John Lopez/Cody Stoots (10 a.m.-2 pm, KILT)
    T8. Mike Meltser/Seth Payne (6-10 a.m., KILT)
    T8. Joel Blank/Barry Laminack (1-4 p.m., KFNC)
    11. Texans Radio (6-7 p.m., KILT)
    12. Raheel Ramzanali/Del Olaleye (11 a.m.-1 p.m., KFNC)
    T13. Paul Gallant (7-11 p.m., KILT)
    T13. Charlie Pallilo (11 a.m.-1 p.m., 94.1 FM)
    15. John Granato/Raheel Ramzanali (9-11 a.m., KFNC)
    16. Barry Warner (10-11 a.m., 94.1 FM)

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get this statement. You don't have to have the same political beliefs as your friends or people you are "buddy buddy" with, that tribalistic attitude is all too common today and it's part of the problem. One of my best friends back in college was the president of the college Democrats and I've never been a Democrat or even particularly liberal and that has never mattered.

On top of that, no one knows Alyssa Milano for her political beliefs, they know her as an actress, the reason she's relevant as a public person is due to her acting. If someone wants a picture with her, it has nothing to do with her political beliefs so i don't see a reason to focus on them.

#148 Bobbythegreat, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  9. conquistador#11

what the hell barry warner still is employed? Kubiak, how do you feel about the shootings?

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Indeed... but I think they tend to only compare time slots to time slots, as afternoon drive-time ratings are going to be consistently inflated vs morning shows that are consistently diluted by all the options.

Thus, in the morning, it’s John/Lance... then Josh... then Mike/Seth, with Josh being the self-proclaimed leader in AM radio (but conveniently leaves out the FM station). In the PM, the bottom line was consistently last amongst all the stations having PM shows, which is why it was easier for them to shake things up.

In the end, podcasts are taking over in a massive way. It’s just starting to gain national traction as people ar now revealing how much they actually bring in in ad revenue/episode. At this rate, they’re going to end up being able to get people to pay for podcasts (which would suck) given the lack of quality other options out there.

11. Nero

Nero Member

I think the only reason anyone on the executive side is liking podcasts is because they can get an accurate reading of the actual numbers of downloads. Not listens, but downloads. Or streams, or whatever. They will never get that on the radio.

But no, podcasting is never going to reach more listeners than radio.

Makes me wonder though, if they have any way of more accurately tracking listeners on HD radio, which is how I listen to AM whenever possible. It's essentially listening to internet radio in the car.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Wow Bobbo, two imaginary things in one post - 'college' and 'friend'. You might as well have included 'non-trailer residence', 'sexual partner', and 'employment' while you were rattling off things you wish were part of your life.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Seriously?

You're kind of mimicking the guy from 6 years ago who said streaming will never catch on, cord-cutting will never last, and TV will always be viewed live.

The only thing keeping podcasts from taking over is not everybody has their car or phone technology upgraded enough to automatically goto their streaming options. Even radio shows realize its ridiculously important, hence why they all offer podcast versions of their shows.

And no... executives like it because it brings in a ton of ad revenue and podcasts are available to listeners over a far greater region than the local area. Listners migrate to it because maybe they aren't in the car by an AM radio when a certain segment hits. Maybe they don't want to sit through 20 minutes of commercials.

Nook and rhino17 like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Whoa what is kfnc

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The sports stations continue to lag their contemporaries elsewhere, combining only for a 4.3 percent share in men 25-54.

Yikes. So that's saying these radio stations combined have a 4.3% share for that demographic? How much do ratings matter when combined percentage is that low? Or am I not understanding "ratings"? Do we have individual show ratings anywhere, because I've always wondered why these shows' rankings seemingly bounce around all over the place every month.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It means it’s a dying format. 25-34 is the key demo. It’s why whenever somebody calls in (another dying format), it’s usually somebody much older at home.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Or people who like to be famous AM radio callers.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When it comes to sports, something feels slightly off to me about content that isn't live.

RasaqBoi and A_3PO like this.
  19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Larry in Stanford. Ocho texto. Mike in Dairy Ashford.

TMac'n likes this.
  20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I associate myself with right leaning people. Believe it or not, but I have white friends!

Alyssa Milano puts her left leaning **** everywhere and Clanton goes after all these other left leaning pinko commie tree huggers. Alyssa Milano hasn’t done tv or movie **** in years, to my knowledge. What I find hypocritical is that he goes off and bashes these Hollywood lefties and here he is, trying to sneak in photos with Hollywood lefty juggernaut, Alyssa Milano.