1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio Shakeup - 790 chooses Josh Innes over Adam Clanton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Isn't XM mostly national sports stuff? I have absolutely no interest in that for the most part unless its basketball

conquistador#11 and seclusion like this.
  2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yep. Garbage takes too. You would think guys that have been and around the business for that long would make them good at that job. Nope. Most of them are awful with very few exceptions.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, there's the SiriusXM NBA channel.

4. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

Yeah its alful. I got XM to listen to sports. It's guys who can't make it in local radio. I ended up only listening to O&A.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Fantasy football radio is the worse discussion radio. Hey bob, who do I start in my flex position? Thanks. I’ll hang up and listen. I don’t care about people’s fantasy team, much less my own. And I do play.

6. conquistador#11

When I came back to the H from san antonio circa december 2004, Chance vouched for me and I was able to get an internship producing in studio for 610. Mashing up and editing interviews. I felt like I failed him as I retired 3 weeks in.
    He was the first one to come up with the concept of podcasts in local sports radio and the first one to want to bring cameras into the studio but was deemed to0 radical, now they all do it.

I say all that to say...all those years and I still can't get into pod casts. It's like a reading a comic book digitally. I have to feel the pages but that's just me. Tired of these West End boys telling me baseball is boring and too long.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But you love the 20 minute commercial blocks for low T centers, home builders, and weight loss?

Podcasts still have the actual show... but you can listen to it in its entirety on your time, and skip through the awful promos.

Or you can listen to actual decently produced professional shows that talk in-depth on a variety of sports topics, Houston sports included.

8. conquistador#11

I'm a weirdo like that. I'll usually flip to the breakfast club hip hop talk show during the breaks. I also enjoy to listen to baseball and futbol on the radio rather than to view it on television. & traditional Phone sex over sexting.

ROCKSS and desihooper like this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Podcasts tend to be amateur hour.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

C4ADE65A-5A08-49B6-8602-00254C6AD811.png Podcasts of live shows are awesome

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

compared to what? I listen to tons of podcasts, but no sports ones. I can't imagine anything being worse than every buffoon on the radio. No one could be a bigger loser than someone like Josh Innes or a bigger douchebag than someone like LZ.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

I guess you've never listened to a DaDakota podcast...

Look, I typically view sports talk as passive listening when I'm driving. I like some more than others. Personally, I like Clanton and Pendergast. Even Rich Lord, I'm good with. The rest? Again, passive listening or I'll switch to 95.7.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Dont waste time with the amateur ones then.

Either stick to the ones of live shows, or the other ones listened by literally millions of downloads every week.

AM radio has become the shitty version of the local news.

Rocketman95 likes this.
  14. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I tuned in to 790's new afternoon show a few times last week.

Each time they were talking extensively about food or pedicures.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Then why do you listen to the Fantasy Football channel?

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I listen to the local guys on the radio, and they have segments for fantasy football. Or sometimes, they just call and ask for it.

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Might be the only thing that makes me change the channel faster than Innes.

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW. So Mad Radio today had a melt down today, between Mike and Seth. I believe it was in regards to Osuna.
    Dude began yelling at Seth, and then stormed out of the studio and left the show while on air. (Seth stormed out after being yelled at over and over)

He yelled at Seth that he is unbearable (yelling thsi over and over and over) and stating that he is always like this and have to deal with him every day. Pretty rough.

EDIT: Meh...just noticed this was a 790 thread and not 610.....

CometsWin likes this.
  20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The one morning I don't listen...but ya Seth's shtick is a bit much. Can see it really bearing down on someone morning after morning after morning.

hieuytran likes this.