1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about flashseats/prices compared to stub hub, etc

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by astros99, Dec 18, 2012.

1. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

So I constantly see on here people say best prices are on flash seats etc.. Thinking about going to the game vs the sixers but just wanted to check here before I get some seats on stub hub. How much cheaper are these seats usually compared to stub hub or face value?

Also I saw that many people said they just go to the games and wait til right before the game and alot of low bids will be accepted..If I go to the game without a ticket and just bid an hour or so before are the chances of someone accepting generally high? Don't want to place a bunch of bids and then nobody accepts and game is about to start lol

Lastly, anyone ever bought tickets from the guys walking around selling outside toyota center? Thoughts on that? Basically wanting to see if I could snag a good deal on club seats, if not I plan on sitting in section 101 or 102.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I searched around and wasn't able to find a good answer. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

You have to pickup stubhub from their office. Flash will email the tickets.

3. rawool

rawool Member

Partially correct. Flash seats will transfer tickets to a driver's license or credit card that is scanned at the gate.

StubHub has a variety of methods for delivery depending on the listing (e-mail, delivery via shipping carrier, or pickup at a downtown office).

4. rawool

rawool Member

Recently I've been using StubHub more often than Flashseats. Prices drop down noticeably a few hours before tipoff, so you'll see some great offers for lower level. StubHub allows you to set price alerts when certain sections drop to a requested price. You have to be quick however as they go quick.

Flashseats, I've come across only a few deals and I rarely win bids. I think it's a hassle, but I like how you can just scan an ID at the gate.

5. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Not too worried about delivery of the tickets.. I know that flash seats you can use your ID and stubhub has a ton where you can print em..I guess main question I have is: Is it worth waiting right before the game on flash seats if I am looking to find club seats at a good mark down (do people usually get really good deals) or should I just buy off stubhub?

6. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

has anyone tried scorebig.com?

7. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Sometimes if you throw a bid out there for seats on Flashseats the seller will take it. I've seen club seats in like row 20-24 go for around $75-$100 but then you also have to add in the "buyer connection fee" and taxes.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Fees are the main reason I always disliked using Stubhub and Flashseats.