1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putin's Useful Idiot At Work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Dec 30, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Focusing on climate change is burying our heads in the sand. If Obama had focused more on the 1980's than climate change, the Russian interference in our election may never have happened.

4. NewRoxFan

I was wondering when the first trump supporter would blame Obama for trump colluded with Russia...

CometsWin likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I was wondering when the first collusion believer would ignore Trump saying Russia is at odds with American values.

In mean that sounds like a guy working for Putin.

Is that what Putin paid for?

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Was that the part right before the part where Trump said we should cooperate with our geopolitical rivals? You know Trump takes a very amoral view of international relations. He thinks he can work with the biggest scumbags on the planet and it doesn't matter so long as we keep everyone at arm's length and we make sure that we get ours. I'm not criticizing. That's his view, and he's far from the first person to think that way. But, am I supposed to get in a tizzy when he acknowledges that Russia is a rival and that Putin is a bad person? I know that isn't going to stop him from thinking he can and should make a deal.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The last three presidents have tried to work with Russia.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This big bad hombre deserves, no, demands respect on the world stage...excuse me...
    [​IMG]
    Two hands big boy so you don't spill.

B-Bob and KingCheetah like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

I guess being a trump supporter means you either ignore or refuse to believe what he says in its entirety. Here is his full quote:

Yes... that is what Putin paid for.

10. NewRoxFan

And this current one has really really REALLY tried to work with Russia.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His hands are too small to grab a cup with just one.

Rashmon, B-Bob and Nook like this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hacking Hilary's emails shouldn't cause us to not try to build relationships in fighting terrorism, keeping N Korea in check, etc etc etc.

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Democrats want to start WWIII over emails.

You need to get over the fact he is President

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

trump supporters... still believing this is only about Russian hacking Clinton's emails... SMH...

15. JuanValdez

Really just Obama. Clinton worked with Yeltsin, not Putin. That was a different era. Bush mostly plucked Warsaw Pact countries off for NATO in order to isolate and weaken Russia. If there is an example of an attempt to cooperate with Russia in the Bush era, I don't know about it. Obama tried it, and we know what a startling success that was. Even then, he tried to do a reset with President Medvedev. When Putin came back, the reset was dead. The only things we've been able to work with Putin on have been the New START treaty (nominally with Medvedev), the Syria red line episode (possibly the worst moment in Obama's legacy), and striking a nuclear deal with Iran (which Trump tells me was the worst deal ever made in the history of multi-celled organisms!).

Anyway, the point is I'm not ignoring that Trump said some normal things about Russia's actual posture vis-a-vis the US. I just don't think it is very remarkable, especially in light of the provocation we've been given. If any of the other candidates were president right now, we'd be at the precipice of war. Instead senior advisers are afraid to suggest we should have any kind of response to Putin trying to hack the election.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do you think being at the precipice of war is where we should be? Over hacked emails?

17. NewRoxFan

your posts border on the ridiculous... but hey, I have a few spare minutes... no one is suggesting placing us "on the precipice of war" but trump can at least implement the sanctions that he is holding off on since August 2. That is, if Putin will allow him to do so...

18. JuanValdez

Yes. I think Russia is attacking our country, using cyber warfare and now undermining our electoral institutions. I think that is a very provocative thing for them to do and should be met with a very strong reaction to deter any future attempt. Do I want to get into some mutually-assured destruction over it? Not really. But, I think it deserves a counter-attack, and it deserves a warning backed by nuclear might that we consider these activities to be worth killing for. If the President feels like he needs to do something more measured, okay. But he didn't do anything. He just took it like a little b****.

Rashmon likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Putin has a personal grudge against Hilary Clinton because he felt she meddled in his election. This is no excuse for meddling in our election but it's no reason to start a war

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That's exactly what Juan wrote so you called him ridiculous