1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Push the Panic Button?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by BleedsRocketRed, Aug 9, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No. I'm not on the field pitching, I'm not on the managerial team making decisions, and I'm not on the medical staff. I've seen too much in 49 years to let these things worry me. Either we get back to our winning ways, or we suffer the greatest collapse in MLB history. Nothing I can do about it. And whether the Astros win the World Series or completely collapse is not really going to affect my life hardly at all. If they win, I'll be euphoric for about 1 week, then things will get back to normal. If they collapse, I'll be upset for about 15 minutes, then I'll move on. Just like I did in 1997 with the Rockets. Took me about 30 minutes to get over the Stockton shot.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It wouldn't be a Houston season and team without hitting the panic button at least once.

3. Buck Turgidson

The Tough Smart Blogger?

4. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

It also would not be a Houston season and team without the owner refusing to pay up.

5. DuBose

DuBose Member

Release Liriano

6. 1234567

1234567 Member

It's too late

7. Projecks15

Projecks15 Member

I wished we had Morey as our GM as well. He's aggressive in trading and signing players.

8. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Lead down to 12 after tonight.

9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Lead down to 5 in the AL.

The most infuriating part of all of this is how predictable it all was.

10. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I don't know how anyone can possibly not be at least slightly panicked at this point. They legitimately look like one of the worst teams in the league right now. Correa/Keuchel/McCullers aren't guaranteed to be fully healthy or return to top form in time for the playoffs. Two more weeks of playing like this and the Red Sox are gonna have a multi-game lead over us for the top AL seed. On top of that, 2 weeks-a month more of this play and a team like the Mariners will be much closer than 12 games back in the division. Honestly, what team in the AL do you feel comfortable saying we would beat in the ALDS? This is shaping up to be one of the most disappointing second halfs in Astros history.

Houstunna and BMoney like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Buck Turgidson

So I've read in various places here today that in the offseason we should fire: the manager, the coaches, the training/medical staff, the GM and the owner. Does that just about cover it?

13. Nook

Nook Member

Another week like this last one and fans will want Hinch in a cage and Luhnow dragged down the road like Caesar did with the defeated barbarians.

At this point Crane may be wise to sacrifice Liriano to appease the angry mob.

Even MadMax is eyeing that pitchfork at ACE Hardware he noticed last week.

[​IMG]

J.R. likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

ACE? Phhfft. Max shops at Bering's.

Nook likes this.
  15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

lol yeah i'm pretty close to completely losing faith in these guys. they are a very uninspiring team right now

16. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Your collective stoney silence is stitched together like a quilt of quite desperation...

17. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yikes. It's crazy the division lead is still 12 games with how bad the Astros have been.

I keep telling myself it's just the injuries. But the team's morale seems to have changed as well.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

No one can figure out this team. I guess they don't need a team meeting to discuss how crappy they are cause they already know.

19. Projecks15

Projecks15 Member

I don't know how half of you guys aren't panicking right now and calling it a slump and think they'll go back to normal. This is not a slump. This is a baseball team that has given up. Boston is only five games behind now and if Astros don't get their **** together the Red Sox are winning the AL. If keuchel lose tonight they have to face Grienke on the road tomorrow. That's a possible 7 game losing streak. If you guys thinking just winning the division is good enough because they have a 12 game lead then you need higher standard. We were the best team in the AL for awhile, just winning the division is not good enough for me.

DuBose likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

Tough spot. Don't see this team being a key trade or two away from getting "it" back. This issue is something else.