1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Puerto Rico crying for help; Trump lands in New Jersey for 2nd straight relaxing golf weekend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Sep 29, 2017.

1. hvic

hvic Member

He should of throw out toilet paper instead bc of all the poop that comes out of his mouth

No Worries and edwardc like this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

LMAO nope sure they didn't.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

And fishing waders cause that's been a lot of poop coming out of his mouth.

hvic likes this.
  4. hvic

hvic Member

yup exploding diarrhea

edwardc likes this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

That would be our commander and chief pooper.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It would seem that ol' bobby is insinuating that the United States citizens in Puerto Rico should only be counted as 3/5 and, therefore are less deserving.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No kidding. It's crazy talk.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure it wins in groups that do their thinking with their "heart" instead of with their brains....which is basically quite a few liberal circles.

The US government has no money of their own, no resources of their own. When they send out resources or money to anyone, they are stealing them from others. Given that Puerto Rico's situation is largely one of their own making and they opted not to apply for statehood decades ago when they could have, I don't see a reason to keep the public piggy bank open to them. If they were a state, that would be different in that they'd be entitled to it at that point.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

American citizens are in need. The Government can and should help. Whining and crying about the past doesn't address the current situation. No moral leader would leave American citizens in dire straits when there was a way to help them, just because a few bozos believe citizens who live in territories are less deserving.

You feel differently. Great, go right ahead. I think we've got a pretty good picture of who you are.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think we do have a pretty good picture here, you feel, I think. That's the classic difference of opinion.

You still haven't justified unlimited federal support for a non-state.....though I'm sure your rationale was sufficient for those inside your echo chamber that also "think" with their feelings rather than using something more grounded and legitimate like logic.

It's why these kinds of conversations never go anywhere. You can't argue against an irrational position based on emotion, the irrational person simply won't have it and will just keep repeating the same emotional nonsense.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You believing your 3/5 compromise toward the U.S. citizens of Puerto Rico is rational is just sad.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Would you say that the citizens of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands count only as 3/5? I don't see anywhere in the Constitution that the rights given to the citizens have the qualifier "only if they are from an actual state and not a territory."

Hakeemtheking and edwardc like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . .and he will reach out to the families of the soldiers that died in Niger . .. . . .uhm . .. . eventually

Rocket River

edwardc likes this.
  14. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

His chief of staff has urged caution in making that call, due to Trump's difficulty properly pronouncing the name of the country where it occurred.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL and another emotional statement devoid of logic. Your failure to understand the difference between states and territories doesn't mean that treating territories different than the states is equivalent to the treatment of slaves under the 3/5 compromise and I shouldn't have to spell that out to you.

That kind of laughable rhetoric might get you somewhere with a feeble minded liberal who feels rather than thinks, but it won't get you anywhere with me.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You have a position made up by you about rules that don't exist when it comes to states and territories. You made up rules that exist about relief to states and territories. Then you start accusing others of not knowing the difference. You keep trying to act like you have a logical position.

There is nothing logical about letting U.S. citizens suffer, die, and go without needed facilities when we have the resources to help prevent it.

Sorry, Bobby, that just isn't logic in any world. It especially isn't logical when you (not our governing system) had to make up arbitrary rules that don't exist about states and territories.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump is just nutball factor 58. First it wasn't as bad as Katrina, now it was worse than Katrina. He gives himself a 10. Guy needs a mental health exam. He contradicts himself so often I don't think he even knows that he's doing it. What a sad state of affairs for our country.

Trump now says Puerto Rico faced 'worse than Katrina'

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If I constantly lies, I would only care about making up the next lie. Contradiction is fake news.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

That's a BS answer if he was a man of his word he would have made the call and spoke from the heart.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Another way to look at it: what doe the govt do when we have citizens suddenly imperiled in foreign countries? You go to the embassy and they help bail you out. We don't leave citizens to rot in any corner of the planet, never mind states and territories.

FranchiseBlade and Amiga like this.