1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Public Banks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by shorerider, Apr 22, 2019.

1. shorerider

shorerider Member

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just go back to keeping investment banks and commercial banks separate. It worked until for sixty years until the end of Glass Steagall

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can entertain the notion, but I don't think the major banks are parasites and I question whether a public bank can really deliver more value. But, I don't see yet any reason you couldn't have a public bank also operate in the space.

4. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Instead of all this public, private etc nonsense if one wants to limit speculation and moral hazard in banks return
    one component of early days banking.

Shareholders and owners of the bank are liable for more than their investment if the bank collapses.

That will clean it up real nicely!

I love how when highly regulated industries like banking, education and healthcare are run poorly the answer
    is more government!

5. biff17

biff17 Member

The only to implement that rule or law would be by government.I

The more you know!

6. Senator

Senator Member

Interesting.
    Please explain in more detail instead of 1 sentence. I am interested in your personal view. We all know about the culture of these banks, how they recruit the brightest ivy league kids and mould them into sociopaths if they aren't already. How do we know that won't happen with public banks once the money goes there..... it is a culture of white collar criminality seen as being "smart"

7. adoo

adoo Member

on the flip side,

in social media, where there is no regulation just like the Wild West, '
    Facebook / Twitter, not just looking the other way, actually help cyber terrorists to attack American social media users​

8. Senator

Senator Member

Waiting..