1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Profiteering G-7 Summit To Be Held At Trump's Miami Golf Resort

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Do You support Trump funnelling events to his properties to make money?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    97.6%
  1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

The government awards so many contracts, a subset of which would still meet these criteria - irregular event, small enough value not to make or break the contracting officer, etc. I assume like most people you don't want exceptions made for government officers when it comes to procurement regulations. You'd be opening the door to the types of blatant abuse you see in 3rd world countries when there's no need to - there are already rules and mechanisms to deter and detect such abuse.

So why hold the president to a lower standard than your average government officer?

B-Bob, Anticope, adoo and 1 other person like this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dont care about the officer. I care about the host. This won't make Trump and t won't break any of his competition

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I'd suggest that you may be taking the integrity of the majority of civil servants for granted - the US would not be as strong or as prosperous if this is everyone's mindset.

Nook likes this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

Lol you guys need to understand that Trump just doesnt give two ***** no more. His base and the people who were going to vote for him are already going vote for him. Hes not trying to sway voters, he has his base and he thinks its enough to win the election. Trump runs more analytics then anyone else when it comes to his campaign. He sends daily surveys to everyone on his email list and he gets constant feedback from his base.

If someone wants to remove Trump at this point, the only way is voting him out next year. Plain and simple.

Amiga likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So we rule by majorty fascism. As long as enough voters are okay with the president violating the Constitution. We just have to deal with it. Seems like the end of the US Constitutional Republic.

AleksandarN and Rocket River like this.
  6. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Defend, deflect, dodge, excuse, enable, wash, rinse, repeat.

As far as money is concerned, it is not a one time event. Trump is taking hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, from foreign visitors in his properties all over the world, including DC, Turkey, etc. He's also taking American taxpayer dollars and putting them into his pocket. If Hillary did the same, would you take the time to login here and post that you don't care?

The 'make or break' argument only means it's excusable in your mind because he's already rich.

We don't know that. His conversations with world leaders are secret. The easiest way to remove any doubt is to not have the president's enterprises personally taking money from them, as the law demands.

Are your principles on the rule of law equally flexible for liberal politicians, I wonder?

saitou likes this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

Not saying its right, but its just whats happening. A relative of my donates a good sum to trump and they literally stay in contact with the administration every day. They get calls, emails, texts, all kinds of **** asking about their feedback on a daily basis. Trump knows what he has and he knows what position he is in. He just doesnt give a **** to try to win over moderates and hes going do whats hes going do. Trump is the smartest dude in the room and most of you all dont even know it.

Vote him out is your simple solution. If not, change the electoral system. I just dont understand why people whine and complain so much. Jesus now i know how Republicans sounded when Obama was president. We all know hes not a good president. The senate will never impeach a sitting republican, and neither would a democratic senate. Its politics.

#47 astros123, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Nook, B-Bob and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I was thinking about this the other day.

The lowest analytic thinker president ever has an amazing analytic engine, a perfect marriage in reinforcement of the worst tendency of human nature. The very people that send him constant feedback are his most loyal supporters, the people that were initially attracted to his messages from the very start. The people that believe strongly in the conspiracy theories and hate filled message he spewed. As someone and a group that doesn't have the necessary critical thinking and analytics skills to break out of the cycle, this is the ultimate echo chamber. It is why he is so out of touch and why as time goes on, with less "adult in the room", the more crazies we see. Unfortunately, these people are the one that the GOP are afraid of, and while they know it's wrong, to preserve their own career, they have to sell out their own beliefs, morals and with almost everyone of them succumbing this way, the worst of Trump and his base behaviors expanded outward encompassing the larger GOP base, becoming acceptable or justifiable. The echo chamber effect extended outward and the cycle repeat. There is then nothing that the President can do that would resulted in removal of him.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

good post. He’s the smartest marketer and manipulater in any room but is otherwise too intellectually lazy or worse for other smarts.

people complain so much because he’s so abrasive, so rude, and now, so in violation of different parts of the constitution. I mean... that’s it.

agree on the rest of what you posted.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

As a moderate, I just dont understand why the left doesnt spend its resources in voter registration and voter awareness. Its always the same story. The same folks that b**** about Trump online are the same folks that stay in their beds on voter day. Until a serious issue effects their daily life (IE: Abortion) there just too lazy to vote.

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why do you make so many unfounded assumptions? How do you know the people you are debating don't vote?

It shows your lack of awareness to believe Trump has an analytical mind. He has a campaign full of grifters, many of whom are intelligent. He just says the low hanging fruit red meat to pander to his base and the actual staff does the grit analytical work.

He nutted out of a 400 million dollar penis and has leaned on money laundering his entire career to be still relevant along with a reality TV show.

#51 fchowd0311, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  12. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

The left does. Obama had a great ground game and won because of it. Until the DEM primaries are over, such a national effort is left to other organizations... such as :

https://votesaveamerica.com/fairfight2020

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sta...ion-dollar-voter-protection/story?id=64952124

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There is one guy in here defending trump... but no, you are not a trump supporter.

And I am guessing the "P" in pga stands for potty mouth. You must have a very small vocabulary when you resort to profanity.

Lastly, I literally quoted your post, bolding the pertinent part:

I don't have to put words in your mouth... if I did, it would likely need to be profanity. Seems what you know best. No wonder everyone else seems to have you on ignore.

jiggyfly, Rocket River and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

You are 100% a Trump supporter *******.

Quit playing games and just own it.

jiggyfly and Rocket River like this.
  15. Nolen

Uh, in record-turnout election in 2016 the dem candidate got almost 3 million more votes than the rep candidate.
    In 2018, in a record-turnout midterm election (record turnout for both sides) the dems wiped the floor with the repubs.
    I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Dems spend huge amounts on GOTV efforts.
    One could always say there should be more people voting, but to claim that dems are too lazy to vote when more of them have shown up in the history of voting in the last two elections is weird.

16. Nolen

I'd equate Trumps' "smarts" to a pickup artist who has a heavily rehearsed and refined game for picking up attractive, insecure 20 year-old sorority girls at bars. Other men admire him for getting laid so much, but anyone else with any modicum of adult maturity watching him run his game is appalled at his obviously sleazy, transparently manipulative tactics.

He's a hit with his low-information audience, he's a hit with the "I'm not a Trump fan" conservatives (dachuda, pgabs, Texx) because they hate liberals and Trump makes liberals angry. Outside of them it is utter repulsion.

B-Bob and mdrowe00 like this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I give up...

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

republican enablers of trump corruption and lawlessness...

19. NewRoxFan

20. NewRoxFan