1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"President" Trump's Bold Faced Lies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its hard to implement policy when you're not president.

Just curious ... you've been a member for 15 years w/out a single post since your initial post in 2001 ... until after the election. Was this election really that bad for you to comment over a dozen and a half times since? Or is this your alt-troll account?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You should have posted the list. You never know if the WA Post will even be around much longer once Trump sues them for directly quoting him.

3. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

4. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

You're right. Like I stated, we'll see what happens. Sorry if my post seemed a bit hostile but I'm seriously trying to get a grasp of what conservatives have in mind here. I've spoken to people I know who voted for Trump and much of their optimism is based largely on the hope that he'll surround himself with experienced, knowledgeable people. Also, this Donald guy is a bit ridiculous, you have to admit. I'm a bit curious myself. Perhaps he shares your views on many issues and he is now the standard bearer of your party, so you don't have a choice really. Ben Carson mentioned earlier in the campaign, something along the lines of; Trump may be loud and brash but many people don't listen to more measured voices in the party (Romney comes to mind). It's all very strange to me.

I could go on, but a big reason I haven't posted in the past is due to the fact that, frankly, much of the discussion consist of ad hominem attacks or, lately, arguments based on dubious information. I've lurked here and there over the years and thought that it might be better for me to read and listen rather than post my viewpoints which others (who have contributed to this site already) have already articulated. This election wasn't so bad for me, though. I'll be just fine.

Thanks for thinking I have enough free time to have a main account an alt-troll account. That sounds like a lot of fun but I have work to do. :)

R0ckets03 likes this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

idiot

Nook likes this.
  6. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Its a clown-show-party and we're all invited

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL imagine the court cases: Was the flag burned accidentally or on purpose? The defendant's citizenship is on the line. The Supreme Court begins setting precedent on how to differentiate between accidental and purposeful burning of The Flag. MAGA!

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Space Ghost whining about others whining is downright hilarious.

Actually its not.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, that piece is issue oriented, and points out the problems some had with Trump apart from his offensive conduct and rhetoric. Yet the only thing people focused on was the offensive conduct and rhetoric.

JeffB likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, we'll get constant reminders that the US elected a simpleton. Libertarians are going to hate having Trump as the president, not that he'll get anything accomplished, but he'll keep saying stupid things like this.

edwardc likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Folks this tweet came out minutes after the NYT story came out about Jarrod Kushners multi-million dollar banks loans/conflicts of interest. Either he's strategically diverting attention again, or he's an idiot that just happens to be lucky as hell about the timing of his Twitter rants.

Either way, the media/everyone should be paying more attention to where he's really going to screw the US for the betterment of his pockbook.

Also saw reports this morning that were buried in the news that Trump assets in the middle east, India, etc. are going to have virtually unlimited access to military security due to them being significant terrorist targets. Just think about that for a minute.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Where is going to deport the flag-burners to? They won't have a home country.

14. dmoneybangbang

Well that type of offensive conduct and rhetoric use to signal a campaign being over.... I agree that the Clinton campaign did a very poor job hammering Trump on policy... but even then would it have mattered when facts don't matter in this type of landscape?

15. dmoneybangbang

Trump knows how to work the media and the simpletons.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

I know but he is the PE so i won't disrespect the office oh wait he's not there yet.

17. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It could be strategic timing. But most likely, Trump was just watching FoxNews and had to impulsively tweet about it.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

New tumblr page:

https://trumpgrets.tumblr.com/
    - A collection of tweets from Trump voters expressing their feelings of regret at having voted for The Donald.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The subtitle for the Trumpgrets page is "schadenfreude therapy".

Yup. I'm bookmarking this. It will be therapeutic in 6 months or 2 years or whenever.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who is really surprised though?