1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"President" Trump's Bold Faced Lies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 28, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

There are going to be so many ridiculously stupid Trump lies that we probably need a catch all thread. How embarrassing that the President of the United States regularly pushes conspiracy theories and nonsense.

Officials blast Trump vote fraud claims, GOP wants to 'move on'
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/politics/pushback-trump-vote-fraud-allegations/

Washington (CNN)Election officials, leading Democrats -- and even a prominent Republican -- blasted President-elect Donald Trump after he spread allegations of voter fraud and targeted a trio of states with his false claim.

Trump first alleged Sunday that "millions" of undocumented immigrants voted against him and later directed the inaccurate charges at California, Virginia and New Hampshire. Neither Trump nor his transition team have responded to requests to explain what he meant or provide any evidence.
    "Serious voter fraud in Virginia, New Hampshire and California - so why isn't the media reporting on this? Serious bias - big problem!" Trump tweeted.

Serious voter fraud in Virginia, New Hampshire and California - so why isn't the media reporting on this? Serious bias - big problem!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 28, 2016

Tom Rath, the former attorney general of New Hampshire and a longtime kingmaker in the state's Republican politics, knocked Trump Sunday evening.

"This will probably cost me my spot in the Cabinet but there was no fraud, serious or other, in this election in NH. There just wasn't," Rath tweeted.

This will probably cost me my spot in the Cabinet but there was no fraud, serious or other, in this election in NH. There just wasn't.

— Tom Rath (@polguru) November 28, 2016

And California Secretary of State Alex Padilla hit back at Trump, tweeting that his "unsubstantiated allegations of voter fraud in California and elsewhere are absurd."

Virginia Commissioner of Elections Edgardo Cortés said, "The claims of voter fraud in Virginia during the November 8 election are unfounded ... The election was fair and all votes cast by eligible voters were accurately counted."

California Rep. Adam Schiff, a Democrat, tweeted: "President-elect Trump's claim that he would have won popular vote but for fraud is as baseless as it is demeaning. #ActLikeAPresident"

And former Maryland governor and Democratic presidential candidate Martin O'Malley said Trump should focus instead on restoring the Voting Rights Act and ending voter suppression.

"Hey @realDonaldTrump - The real issues with voter fraud are discriminatory Voter ID laws and illegal vote suppression tactics #RestoreTheVRA," O'Malley wrote.

It was still unclear Monday why Trump was alleging voter fraud in the election he won, while Green Party officials were seeking a recount based on questions of whether voter fraud helped him win.

Marc Elias, the Clinton campaign's former counsel, pointed out the irony of Trump blasting alleged voter fraud but opposing any investigation of the election results.

"We are getting attacked for participating in a recount that we didn't ask for by the man who won election but thinks there was massive fraud," Elias tweeted Sunday night.

We are getting attacked for participating in a recount that we didn't ask for by the man who won election but thinks there was massive fraud

— Marc E. Elias (@marceelias) November 28, 2016

The first claim of massive vote fraud was apparently made by Gregg Phillips, of True the Vote, who tweeted a few days after the election that the number of "non-citizen" voters topped 3 million. His baseless allegation was later picked up by some fringe media outlets.

Completed analysis of database of 180 million voter registrations.

Number of non-citizen votes exceeds 3 million.

Consulting legal team.

— Gregg Phillips (@JumpVote) November 11, 2016

Rep. Chris Collins, a New York Republican who will be one of Trump's key point men in Congress, said he did not know if there were "millions" of people who voted illegally, but said he would rather Trump and the Green Party both "move on" from the recount.

"He is the president-elect and it is time to move forward," Collins said on CNN's "New Day." "It's time to move on. And it's time to end the discussion of recounts and, again, hopefully we can strengthen voter ID laws."

Sen. James Lankford, an Oklahoma Republican, also said there may be evidence of some voter fraud, but nothing close to the "millions" of voters Trump is claiming.

"I have not seen anything in the millions, I don't know what he was talking about," Lankford told CNN's Alisyn Camerota.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At least you guys are obsessed with whining about Trump and we don't have to hear about the nonsense in North Dakota.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

What happened to the cabin in the middle of Tennessee's woodlands?

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

At first I was thinking it would be nice to discuss that but then I realized the discussion would be less about eminent domain and drinking water and more about how horrible and racist the USA is.

Space Ghost likes this.
  5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR HILLARY 2016!!

6. CometsWin

Even better news for America and the world. A pathological liar in the White House, what could possibly go wrong?

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

u mad, bro?

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He's becoming more presidential!

R0ckets03 likes this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

I still can't come to grips that people voted for this douche.

10. CometsWin

Lol. It's always a clown show with you. Troll on bro.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Get over yourself. Hillary lost, Democrats lost. Comets lost and moved away.

Granville likes this.
  12. CometsWin

I would say your credibility was lost but you don't really have any. It guess it's what happens when your education comes from youtube and Twitter.

I'll be happy to inform you of the stupid conspiracy theories and lies that Trump will regularly spew. Hopefully in time you'll learn how dangerous it is to have a lying, ignorant, demagogue in charge of anything.

#12 CometsWin, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    ROXTXIA and daywalker02 like this.
  13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The worst part about Trump becoming president is the endless whining from liberals.
    Hopefully their anger amounts to nothing more than occupy wall street. Ironically enough, little did we know that "Occupy Wallstreet" was more about placing Hillary and her sellouts in the pockets of wall street.

14. dmoneybangbang

You need to stop thinking so highly of people.

daywalker02 and edwardc like this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Youtube is a great source for education. Twitter is a great source for news.

Hanging out on a biased partisan website is the worst way to get news... unless you like "Dewey defeats Truman" headlines.

[​IMG]

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

They made one cover for each candidate, to get them out quick after the election, like they do with championship hats and t-shirts.

17. dmoneybangbang

Kinda like 8 years of whining about Obama.... preceded by 8 years of whining of Bush Jr.

How's that draining the swamp slogan working out for ya?

18. body slam

body slam Member

Y'all remember when SI did this for the '94 NBA Finals Champion Houston Rockets?

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Washington Post story with 282 campaign promises with attribution:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...160678-b0f9-11e6-8616-52b15787add0_story.html

Interesting how many direct contradictions there are. For instance, he both promised to raise and lower the minimum wage and he both promised to increase the number of H-1B Visas and totally eliminate the H-1B program.

And there are things he promised that will require constitutional amendments that he'll never get.

I'm going to bookmark this one and look back on it in four years. I'm thinking I'm not going to be very surprised by how many of these President Fragile Snowflake actually follows through on.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I'm confused, so bear with me. I thought the best part of a Trump presidency for most conservatives was the "sweet, sweet liberal tears." Guess that wore off, huh? Or perhaps it was the fact that Hillary Clinton and "her sellouts in the pockets of Wall Street" won't be running the country. Well, now they won't be...Now that this clown will be running the country what's the best part about the Trump presidency, from a conservative standpoint?

Please explain to Godless liberals what he intends to do to fix and heal this country's problems. Because all I've seen so far are stupid tweets and inexperienced cabinet picks. And unworkable policy. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out!

shastarocket likes this.