1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prairie Rocket Baby

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tim777dawg, Aug 12, 2010.

1. tim777dawg

tim777dawg Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hey Guys, just wanted to represent Saskatchewan, Canada on the board. That's right, there are die-hard Rocket fans on the prairies of Canada; now you know. I've been following the Rockets since early '93, which was a great time to start watching them! I have an old-school Olajuwon jersey from the navy blue, cartoon jersey days (should have got one before the switch) and, once they switched to the their current, much nicer uniforms, I got a Stevie Francis jersey. I debated getting a McGrady jersey since he joined the team, but am now glad I didn't (but let's not go there).

Anyway, Rocket jerseys are reasonably easy to get around here, but nothing else in the way of apparel unfortunately. I've been wanting to buy some shirts and a hat, but the shipping to here is killer. We have a friend with relatives in Texas, and they always send her Rockets gear, which she and her husband are totally indifferent to (a travesty, I know), and I often subtly (but seriously) joke to her that they should send it to me. I got home from work the other day, to find that she got us several awesome Rockets items for my new one month old son, as seen in the pictures above. I didn't think I would ever be jealous of a baby, but here we are. However, at least now, she realized that I seriously do want some gear, and told her I would gladly pay her relatives to send some, since it would be a fair bit cheaper for them, and it sounds like they're gonna hook me up.

One last thing I thought that you of all people could appreciate. I'm currently working on my Masters thesis, and my supervisor told me that my topic would be well received at his alma mater, Baylor University in Waco, TX, and that I may have a decent chance at being accepted into their doctoral program. Now, most people upon hearing this would quickly go online and check out the school, faculty, programs, the city, etc. I would be embarrassed to tell this to anyone but you guys, but the first thing I did was jump on Google Maps and use 'Get Directions' for 'Waco, TX' to 'Toyota Center'. I'm not saying I necessarily plan on attending there, but who would have thought that the Rockets would even influence my career choices!

4 people like this.
  2. Landlord Landry

kind of looks like the Thadeus... :confused:

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Cute baby! I'm jealous of your kid too - I wouldn't mind having some jammies like the one on the ends... Maybe I should start looking into more Rockets apparel too.

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Adorable kid!

What is the approximate age of your supervisor? My wife went to Baylor----same class as Santana Dotson.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Congrats. You're doing the right thing ;)

6. tim777dawg

tim777dawg Member

Pole, my supervisor's name is Marty Culy, and he's in his mid 40s. That's sweet that your wife went to school with Santana Dotson!

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

ramble ramble...rockets...ramble ramble...baby in rox gear...ramble ramble...school.

Congrats on the baby. Best thing you can ever do.

Hope to see you at a game some day.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Hey, I'm a Rockets fan in the prairies of Canada. (I just hope to be back in Texas before November.)