1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Possibility of trading Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sealclubber1016, Jul 12, 2018.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

One of the reasons I think the Rockets may be so hell bent on signing Anthony, is that it frees up Gordon as a possible trade chip. As is, we can't deal Gordon because we absolutely need a 3rd scorer who doesn't need to be spoonfed. I'm not a Melo fan personally, but theoretically he could replace him in that role.

So if we signed Melo, then used Gordon to get rid of Anderson, and get back a 3/D player to replace Ariza and another more tradeable contract would you be OK with it.

C Capela
    F Tucker
    F Guy we trade for
    G Harden
    G Paul

F Anthony
    F Ennis
    F Green
    G Melton

I personally would be a little torn on it, but at least Melo's offenisve ability would be of greater value, and as a team it could make us more flexible for future moves without the lead anchor of Anderson's contract.

Marteen likes this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’s possible

Rockets FTW likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

cyber mentioned gordon was being looked at in a move for defense. but it really only benefits houston if they get a true impact 3 and D wing in return which is difficult obviously. otherwise gordon is more valuable

saleem and napalm06 like this.
  4. StrawberryJamm

Eric Gordon is the 3 and D player that will replace Ariza. He'll close and be good at it.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

6. Garner

Garner Member

If it means we get a Jimmy Butler type, yea sure.

7. anchel

anchel Member

Wouldn't trade him, but who knows. This is the probelm with Morey, he could get rid of half of the team that won 65W and almost got the ring. Gordon is very valuable here, a borderline all-star, but who knows.

DavidRocket, saleem and Sadboy like this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I would trade Gordon for Jimmy Butler if i also knew i was getting Melo and Capela back.

YaoMing#1 and Williamson like this.
  9. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

I would think thats why they are looking at Swaggy (wouldnt doubt they also looking at Crawford) more scoring if Gordon is gone

10. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Forget it...Melo will sign with the Lakers

11. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

lol doubt it

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Gordon is not going to be traded unless he brings back a better player, and that's not going to be easy, Lowe said the Rockets were going to look if it's possible to extend him btw, i think it would be a good idea, if the extension is fair he might gain even more value as an asset.

saleem and ipaman like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

And why is that? It’s down to the Heat and Rockets, and it will most likely be the Rockets.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The thing of equal value to the 3/D incoming player would be creating any kind of flexibility by getting rid of Anderson and not stripping away every asset of value to do so, while getting a very tradeable contract or 2 for mid seasons upgrades. If Morey has a way to break the Anderson contract up without giving up a lot or Gordon I would be all for it.

Morey can play the long game, we're gonna be really good one way or the other. But our tradeable contract situation is abysmal right now. A bunch of players not making much, 2 superstars we won't trade and one lead anchor we can't trade. With only Gordon and Tucker being in the middle.

I'm just trying to think of why we want Melo so bad, as is I just don't personally see how he improves the team that much (possibly hurts it even) unless we think he's gonna carry a significant scoring load.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Absolutely have to hold onto Gordon.

Gordon wont be truly appreciated until he is gone.

He is our purest shooter and opens things up for CP and Harden.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Why would you trade Gordon after getting Melo when you can have both?

17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I would definitely move Gordon for Butler. Another move I might make is Gordon and Anderson for Love and Korver. Bazemore is out there, so is Whiteside and Waiters. Could also make a move for Courtney Lee.

smp and tanviraman like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

well there is a glaring hole still remaining at SF

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Because I don't think adding Carmelo helps us in any way unless he's scoring a lot. Going from 35 minutes of defense first, team oriented Ariza to 35 minutes of Melo isn't a net positive for the team IMO.

If we could trade for a superior version of Ariza and have Carmelo slide into Gordon's 6th man role, while creating trade flexibility, I think that might actually get us closer to beating GS.

Marteen and Nook like this.
  20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Why would your endorsement of that trade be conditional on Melo and Capela?

Von Rafer likes this.