1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Positive thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Mar 29, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am Positive that too many will die due to Trump's incompetence.

DD

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I was thinking the same thing.

Really with today's technology a physical office is unnecessary overhead for a lot of companies.

Amiga likes this.
  3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Thank God for Gov. Andrew Cuomo and how he's handling this situation...

T_Man

4. WNBA

WNBA Member

Traffic is good today.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He is definitely doing better and echoing the president. We shouldnt focus on cuomo's missteps at this point.

Go give blood!

6. Nook

Nook Member

I think we may see some positive changes concerning worker rights and safety nets. I have seen a lot of people have their eyes opened to how exposed workers are and the lack of protections in place. I also have seen a turn away from the idea that corporate greed is good or at a minimum necessary.

mdrowe00, Amiga and RayRay10 like this.
  7. T_Man

Yep... I hear your glorious leader is getting pissed that Cuomo is making him look bad...

So you're right... it's a good thing that Cuomo has his daily news briefing before 46 minus 1... so we dont have to listen to him...

T_Man

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wonder if stay-at-home orders and mass gatherings being canceled have prevented mass-shootings from taking place. I also wonder what type of changes if any will this massive pandemic event have on public education.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

10. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

The world is much quieter now, the skies are bluer and the air is much cleaner. America and the world are finally awakened(hopefully) to the evil of the ChiCom, maybe this is the final nail in the coffin that will put them away for good, one can only hope.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

My sister who's a flight attendant who was told by Delta she was exposed on a flight got sick and tested positive last week. She had a family gathering with my other sister and my parents before being notified. Now my other sister is sick and was notified today her test also positive. So far our parents are fine which great but it's very stressful as they wait it out. So that's TWO POSITIVES in my inner circle.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Edit. Stay Positive.

#32 Corrosion, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Bill burr was on to something.

CometsWin and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

#34 AleksandarN, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Will be more prepared for the next pandemic.

Awareness and appreciation for HCW and what they do and faces. For Teachers (I miss them :). For low paying jobs in essential services.

and more awareness of our weird complex broken health care system so hopefully that continue to push for fundamental changes

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...s-waive-costs-to-patients-for-covid-19-treatm

I want to also say appreciation for experts and for gov to have preplanning / preparedness and not just wing it... but politic.

for the many many companies that stepped up for their worker and communities

debt doesn’t matter anymore? Or will this come back to bite us hard

and I think perhaps most profoundly, how interconnected we all are to each other. Each of us have the power to literally kill or save lives. Respect your power and take it seriously.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

less traffic = less accident

no one want to go to ER to pick up the corona (or to stretch an already thin system) = being more careful and preventing accidents. Accelerating the death of the seasonal flu and other communal diseases.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Since zoos and aquariums are closed, some of their residents are getting to meet their neighbors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

Social distancing is sort of working.

It took 4-6 days for the number of cases to double. Without social distancing it took three.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Our cases per capita are on par with Germany. SO yeah we are doing a good job and not lying about our numbers and violating people's rights by bolting them in their homes. We haven't disappeared dissidents either. Little pink troll.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. T_Man

I'm sorry but 1 death is one too many...

So 3000 is outrageous...

Especially for something that you have protocols in place for....

I'm glad that past administrations put in policies too handle situations such as this one.....

T_Man