1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] who do you believe? Fairfax

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Feb 5, 2019.

?

Who do you believe?

1. Fairfax accuser

33.3%
  2. Lt. GOV Fairfax

16.7%
  3. Blasey-Ford

33.3%
  4. Kavanaugh

58.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Multiple answers (women) are acceptable.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Believe all women! Men need to shut up and step up!

BruceAndre likes this.
  3. jcf

jcf Member

Need a "not enough info to be sure" choice.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oops

BruceAndre likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fairfax's accuser deserves to have the matter investigated... Unless it has already been investigated and reported to the authorities, unlike the Kavanaugh case. Of course, if there is new evidence then there should be further investigation.

Why do people act like this is a gotcha situation?

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Investigate and act according to the findings.

Not a difficult concept.

B-Bob, body slam, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because the real victim in all of this are men without sandwiches made by women

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Basically this.

9. foh

foh Member

You or people who wrote that twit are being a little bit anal - Ford is a psychologist and thus gets the title of "Dr." in certain formats:
    https://www.theclassroom.com/how-to-correctly-use-the-titles-dr-phd-with-a-name-12082451.html
    First, you should identify what type of doctor you are addressing. Doctors of medicine and psychology, doctors of dentistry and doctors of veterinary medicine must be addressed differently in comparison to academic doctors who have earned a Doctor of Philosophy doctoral degree.

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol, I had no idea this had been codified and written up as a constitutional right! thanks foe, I'll keep this in mind!! :D

foh likes this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I tend to believe Vanessa Tyson, but I don't see how it matters. The alleged crime is 15 years old so I'm guessing the statute of limitations is up. And there is no confirmation, election, or other 'test' of Fairfax's character. If the VA governor resigns, Fairfax will become governor. In the case of Kavanaugh, the Senate had to make a decision about whether to confirm him, so determinations about his character were relevant.

There is this other phenomenon of some Democrats demanding resignations from their own ranks for anyone who is impure on the questions of racism and sexual assault. This is not a situation of hypocrisy where Democrats demand more of Republicans than themselves. They have not brought much pressure on any racists or rapists in the Republican ranks. There was opposition to Kavanaugh's promotion, but not much demand he forfeit his old job too. We call Trump a racist and a rapist all the time, but Democrats are very careful to not demand the same accountability from him they'd demand of their own. I think this political seppuku isn't ultimately helpful to their party, but I'm just a sympathetic observer. But, through that lens, it's important to some Democrats whether these allegations are true because they'll ask Fairfax to resign. I don't think he should. I don't think Northam should either (he should take some courses in crisis public relations though).

All that said, the only relationship this situation has with the Kavanaugh episode is the Democratic awakening to the continuing problem of sexual assault and sexual discrimination. Kavanaugh did not face the same test that Fairfax or Northam now face. It is about the Democratic Party itself and who the party wants to have represent them.

jo mama, Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

13. Buck Turgidson

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It could be because of a lot of the responses are applicable to this second accusation or more if there are more accusations. One thing that I think is interesting about this is that Fairfax himself has asked for a full investigation. I would second that. Let's investigated and let the truth come out. I'm not sure why others were so opposed to an investigation in the Kavanaugh episode.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Its gonna be hilarious when all this blackface stuff will lead to just a black politician being removed from office.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

The black face was distasteful, sexual assault is criminal.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Absolutely, I agree that criminal acts should be fully investigated and prosecuted. Looks like this guy needs to step down while the investigation runs its course.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What? Potential Sexual assault would lead to that. It wouldn't be blackface.

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably because there aren't 5 or 6 posters calling her a lying cunt and trying to out shout everybody else in claiming that she is a paid dirty trickster for the other party and Fairfax was drinking beer and boofing with Squee and Moose and the boys on the day in question and therefore couldn't have assaulted her based on exactly no information at all.

If there is no alternate reality being pushed, there is nothing to debate, and the thread dies.

#20 Ottomaton, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.