1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Shooting In Fort Worth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, Oct 13, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So the cop gets two days to get his story straight before being questioned and his name is not released which gives him time to scrub all his social media. Then the investigation is led by his buddies in the police department. Same **** as usual.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

That's an understatement...he didn't even finish giving the warning.

"Put your hands up! Show me your ha--" *pop*

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Confirming the women's welfare is no longer on the list of police priorities when they perform a welfare check. The modern militarized police are only looking for bad guys to search and destroy. If there's no criminal to get, why'd you call the police?

This isn't a mistake or a rookie with a poor temperament. Police are trained to assume that there is someone around every corner waiting to get you, and if you aren't ready to get them first, your child will grow up fatherless. Shooting innocents is the unspoken price to protect your own safety, and your own safety overrides all other priorities. Paranoia and worry is drilled into them constantly.

#23 Ottomaton, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    CometsWin, Rashmon, amaru and 4 others like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They released the body cam immediately. I think you should be able to scrub your ish. Cops dont make enough money to be subject to that.

Whatever he has written on social media has nothing to do with this shooting

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I know, I think it is their training to sneak around house looking for capture over announcing presence and knocking on door. Like @B-Bob, I have an anecdote where cops did exactly that to me once, when I was house-watching for neighbor and I set off alarm when entering to feed dogs. Was all thumbs trying to turn it off in 30 seconds (typing wrong number then not knowing you have to wait 5sec to try again or sumpin), security company called but I didn’t know where secret code was (bottom of phone, duh) then going back to my place to get instructions...left front door ajar. After I got alarm turned off, HPD arrived (just one) and we turned a corner of the house face-to-face with her having gun drawn to her side. That was shockingly scary. Good thing I'm white and it was daytime.

fwiw: that was early ‘90s.

That's why I suggest implementing very simple communication technology to give 911 Dispatchers the ability to ring the homeowners landline or cellphone as part of response.

Sure, that could tip off the intruders and your capture-rate is lowered, but every other scenario increases safety for homeowners and responders.

#25 heypartner, Oct 14, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm just going to put you on ignore dude. You're an awful poster. Cops don't make enough money not to post racist **** on social media. Mkay.

joshuaao and London'sBurning like this.
  7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

People getting upset and rightfully so...but maybe we should chill on the 'he'll get off/conspiracy' stuff. I think the guyger trial shows more and more that cops aren't above the law...hell she didn't even have a body cam and she got 10 years. I'd be surprised if this person, who we'll find out soon, doesn't get at least 10...probably more since it won't be a young, not-unattractive, white woman that will be on trial.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They dont make enough money to have the world up their ass before an investigation that has nothing to do with social media

Just like you twisted my words around you don't know wtf he has posted

#28 pgabriel, Oct 14, 2019
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I thought Cops where held to a higher standard than citizens? Nah i never thought that because ACAB.

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'm actually in agreement with CometsWin. You have some of the stupidest takes on issues when I read your posts that I question if you're trolling sometimes. The fact that you could be sincere in your thoughts is just...well...let's just say it makes me reflect on this bit.

mdrowe00 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he has a mental illness, id just leave him alone. I'm pretty sure he isn't trolling, which makes it kinda scary. Get help @pgabriel

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is dixk riding. I'd rather troll

I dont enter threads to comment on posters

13. WNBA

WNBA Member

Hope media or congressmen could force NBA players to talk about this. This is definitely a familiar and relevant topic.

Fight for justice, Stand with blacks

14. REEKO_HTOWN

We don't force anyone talk about issues in America. Unlike your communist government.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Maybe they should not be allowed any opinions

16. REEKO_HTOWN

The have more rights to kill civilians than civilians do so yeah, i'd say if you have that kind of power you should be held to a higher standard.

Many corporate employees get fired for horrible online activity.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

yet you seem to support when they find Social Media pictures or statements that slur the victims

Rocket River
    Which they always do . . . .

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Russian Bot account - it was taken over several years ago

Rocket River

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What situation would a rank and file corporate employee have millions looking at their social media. That wouldn't happen if they were charged with murder.

If you want any good people to keep becoming officers than you shouldn't look for public trials by fire before investigations if something unfortunate happens

#39 pgabriel, Oct 14, 2019
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't knw what you're referring to