1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Ticket Prices

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Apr 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone else surprised at how much the playoff tickets are this year? It seems like the seats I got last year have doubled from 150-300...geezzzz.. At these prices the playoff game atmosphere is going to be just like the regular season.

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

F Les. Team is falling apart i'm not spending my $$ on them during these playoffs.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Then don't.

1 person likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't. its people like you that shoulnd't be at TC anyway.

1 person likes this.
  5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

HA ok. I won't. But believe me i've gone to plenty of games and i cheer them on. Was in San Antonio the other night. Our tickets are overpriced. Paid $130 face value for club level tickets behind the rockets bench.

6. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Paid 79.99 a piece for 2 uppers sideline row 6 w the presale email.

#6 RocketBlood, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  7. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Just paid $440 total (after fees) for a pair of tickets to both Game A and Game B

Section 110 Row 21

$220 a ticket after fees isn't terrible for the playoffs IMO. Secondary market is where they get outrageous but if you buy direct it cuts down on the costs.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

San Antonio isn't Houston. This is basic economics. The tickets sell for what people will pay. They'll get the money or the scalpers will.

#8 REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

A buddy of mine just got us Game 1 tickets for 2 seats in section 417, row 4 and 2 seats in section 428, row 4 for 106 bucks each. For comparison, a ticket for Sunday night's game against the Pelicans for section 417, row 4 is $46(including the $6 convenience fee) through Rockets.com.

That's a big markup from the regular season, although I have no idea how it compares to the Portland series a year ago.

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

loser

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

grabbed2
    upper
    front
    row
    good
    deal

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I have 3 reasons I won't be buying first round tickets this year.

1) Just got laid off
    2) Rockets have lost every playoff game I've ever attended; I'm bad luck.

13. tlynn99

tlynn99 Member

The prices went up even as I was buying tickets. They showed $89 when I selected price range but when the tickets came up, they were $99 each. This was upper level end zone tix. I still bought them but that wasn't cool.

14. LowerSuiteEars

LowerSuiteEars New Member

then become a season ticket holder and get discounted playoff seats......

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow thats a huge mark up from years past when I used to go. I remember I felt like tickets were enormously high (for houston that is) for the 2nd round games vs the lakers 6 years ago. Granted the team was out of the playoffs for 3 years and really last year was the only they were expected/not complete underdogs to win a series. I dont know if they will be the favored at all to win the first round this year unless they match up vs Portland or Dallas. Even then seems pretty expensive.

I dont think most fans mind markups - hell they are expected for the playoffs but I think there should be some sort of cap instated by the league so markups aren't so dramatic. I mean from count_dough-ku's post there was over a 100% markup on his seats. Maybe have something like

60%, 75%, 90%, 100%

for each round up to the finals if it its game 6 there should be an additional 10% markup and for a game 7 an additional 25% markup.

16. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Prior to the Spurs, we had won 7 of our last 8. The injuries hurt but they are not falling apart.

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yes i' m a loser because i don't want to spend my money on the playoffs this year:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Sorry about the layoff. As for my record, I'm 3-0 at Rockets playoff games. But there's a catch. I've attended Game 7 against Phoenix in 1994, Game 4 against Utah in 1995(Dream went for 40 and Clyde for 41), and Game 3 against Utah in 1997(Eddie Johnson scored 31 points, prompting "EDDIE! EDDIE!" chants all the way to the parking garage).

What do those games all have in common? They occurred back when the Rockets won 2 NBA titles and came within 2 games of a return to the Finals. Since then, they don't win nearly as often in the postseason.

19. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

That is good news to me...I'd rather be in the stands with folks who want the Rockets to succeed rather than those hate McFail people.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

Then just say that and don't try to blame Les because you don't want tickets.