1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Play of the day! Selfless young fan returns ball to upset boy

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Xsatyr, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

" :eek: That's the opposite of that lady in... [GUESS WHERE?]"

:grin:

Anybody know what he's talking about?

#2 SwoLy-D, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The usher told him to give the ball to the little kid, and he did.

Dikembe Mutombo craps more selflessness...

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You're right but it doesn't take away from the fact the kid returned the baseball. He didn't have to.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Congrats, we found a kid that listens to his elders. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones.

YOU

ARE

INVITED!

[​IMG]

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He got a signed bat and tickets to a future game...and the little kid was sad because all he got was a ball. lol

8. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_FL0nxKOLw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_FL0nxKOLw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Wow, Houstonians suck! ;)

She botched the catch and the ball ends up in the the little girl's hands. The ball is the little girl's...right? Nope. The lady snags it right out of the little girl's hands and is proud of herself. Only in Houston. lol

We know what she is...and it is permanent cause it is on camera.

10. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

That's better than in Dallas, where the players actually kill the fans.:eek:

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Thank you, dear sir. You're a scholar and a gentleman. :eek: I will reward you with REP points for finding that.

12. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I'm going to have to agree with this.

And no, he didn't have to, but...

The guy in the dugout caught the ball. Don't think it was a player. It was somebody on the team though.
    If I was 13 and somebody from the team asked me to give the ball to another kid, I would do it.

The other kid was throwing a tantrum. MEH.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Folks, this is why the Houston Rockets ain't getting no superstar.

14. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i watched more baseball in that clip than i did when i went to an astros game.

oh snap.

15. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

The kid with the brewers shirt didn't deserve the ball. Awesome job reinforcing that tantrums are a good way to get your way.

1 person likes this.
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Young Giants fan pouts over foul ball, gets rewarded

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...iants-fan-pouts-big-time-over?urn=mlb-wp13298

<object width="400" height="254"><param name="movie" value="http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/flash/video/share/ObjectEmbedFrame.swf?content_id=17080537&topic_id=&width=400&height=254&property=mlb" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="scale" value="noscale" /><param name="salign" value="tl" /><embed src="http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/flash/video/share/ObjectEmbedFrame.swf?content_id=17080537&topic_id=&width=400&height=254&property=mlb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="never" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="254" scale="noscale" salign ="tl" /></object>

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Come on. The kid wasn't throwing a "tantrum" and acting as though he was entitled to the ball. He's very young and was obviously upset. Tell me that you, when you were under 9 or 8, wouldn't have been distraught after dropping a ball that was thrown to you by a member of your favorite team. He was upset because he thought he had lost a golden opportunity. I can't tell you how many games I went to in the Astrodome and never got anything thrown my way.

Sadness doesn't equal petulance in this instance.

18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Hahhh. I was watching this game the other night and saw the kid pouting live. He had that frown for awhile and the announcers were laughing at him.

19. Surfguy

As a kid who did come away with a MLB ball in the Astrodome, I found the experience highly overrated. The ball meant nothing to me five seconds after I got it. I think it's more the experience of how you got the ball versus having the actual ball. My Dad caught the ball behind homeplate with one hand off the bat of Johnny Bench way up high in the purple seats (it went over the net) and gave it to me. I promptly enjoyed it for about five seconds and went back to polishing off my nachos. Now, if I the kid caught it from the field of play, then I would have bragged that up for days. But, I didn't and it was just handed to me by a parental unit.

The ball itself ended up in a box in my garage. Eventually, I played catch with it until the logo wore off. Then, it was like any other baseball. lol

But, everyone gotta have a baseball these days. Gotta have it or the world will end.

20. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

The kid won. He got a signed Justin Upton bat.

I think about this all the time. I have been to hundreds, maybe thousand-plus baseball games, and I've caught one foul ball. Steve Finley hit it sharply up the first base line and my dad caught it. It was my first game ever. I love the nostalgia of it, but I think I would give it to a kid if the circumstance permitted.

Jorge Cantu threw me his batting glove after an at-bat, because we were at the game with some family of his, and I immediately gave it to my ex-gf's little brother. Would be a cool thing to have kept, but it meant more to him.