1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planned Parenthood Director caught on tape selling aborted baby parts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

StupidMoniker made a well reasoned post in reply to mine, which I appreciated. While we may not agree with each other on the issue, he didn't find it necessary to call me "stupid." That would describe you, tallanvor, with all respect due. You have your own definition of the topic, which doesn't agree with the Supreme Court, tens of millions of women in both major parties, and tens of millions of American men.

You are in a minority. Here is Gallup's polling on the issue from one year ago. As you will see, 79% of all Americans disagreed with your position. 50% of them feel there should be some restrictions, but are against making abortion illegal in all circumstances, which would appear to be your position, possibly SM's position (can't recall if he's opposed to abortion if a woman's life is in danger, in cases of incest, or in cases rape that resulted in pregnancy), and the positions of the group of people here who are against an abortion regardless of the circumstances.

Yes, you are in a minority, sir. It's interesting that pretty much everyone here who holds your position on the subject is, presumably, either a male teenager or a man. Interesting that women seem to be uninterested in posting about the topic (I wish they would, regardless of their position). I will add that the polling data from Gallup (one of the oldest and respected polling sources), going back 20 years, shows that the highest percentage of Americans who see abortions as being illegal under any circumstances has never exceeded 22%, with the vast majority of years showing those who are against abortion under those parameters in the high teens. I'll include the polling that shows who considers themselves "pro-life" or "pro-choice." Obviously, the numbers are different, because many of those who call themselves "pro-life" are for the exceptions of allowing them except for late term abortions, allowing them if the health of the woman is in danger, allowing them if she had become pregnant from incest, and allowing them if the woman has been raped.

I suspect that you hate nuance. Tough. You are the fellow looking stupid, sir. Do you like that word?

For your reading pleasure. Link follows:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I called your position stupid. not you. You retaliated by calling me stupid and then followed up with 'all due respect' (lol what?).

Minority regarding what? I didn't state my position on abortion in the post. I said you are dodging the issue by pretending its a women's right issue (as if anyone agree with the right to murder). There is no disagreement on the right's of women. Pro-life and Pro-choice people will tell they believe a women should be able to do whatever they want with their body as long as it doesn't harm another human being. Everyone agrees on the rights of women. They don't agree on the rights of the baby/fetus.

#1082 tallanvor, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    cml750 likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's the best you've got? Why do I bother replying to you, the the low calorie version of ?texxx, who I have on ignore (praise the Lord!). I posted 3 paragraphs and 3 graphs and all you can reply with is to claim not to be stupid? Really? Oh, and that you "didn't state my position on abortion in the post," as if I haven't seen numerous posts by you regarding the topic in the past. I guess you prefer to live in the "now," and ignore the past as much as you ignore the future. Good job!

4. tallanvor

NExt time post 3 pargraphs of something meaningful. You posted garbage the popularity of abortions which has no meaning to me or the discussion

i don't know what this phrase means. I made no claim not to be stupid so im not sure what you are referring to. I think you need to take a deep breathe and read slower.

ignore? rly? You still didn't answering anything i wrote. Why do you keep dodging the debate claiming its a women's right issue or showing how popular you think abortions are? It has nothing to do with the abortion debate about whether the baby/fetus has human rights. That's the debate.

cml750 likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It is exactly a women's rights issue. It is a fantasy of your fevered brain that it is not. Can you get pregnant?

6. tallanvor

Everyone agrees a woman shoudl have the right to have an abortion as long as said abortion does not harm/kill another human being. There is no debate about the rights of women.

now you claim im mentally sick (add that to the 'stupid' insult)

CAn a man be killed by an abortion? Its a human rights debate. When does life and therefore rights start. Its just a human rights debate that affects women slightly more than men, which you pointed out above. Human rights debate none the less.

cml750 likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you really so uneducated and so uninformed that you can seriously hold the position that "There is no debate about the rights of women" about this issue? Do you seriously feel "insulted?" Your posts are insulting my intelligence.

"Can a man be killed by an abortion? Its a human rights debate. When does life and therefore rights start. Its just a human rights debate that affects women slightly more than men, which you pointed out above. Human rights debate none the less."

Wow. Just wow. A position held by someone who clearly views a woman as a being somehow less than a man, in my humble opinion. You are a monumental waste of my time.

8. tallanvor

your entire counter argument was to call me uneducated, uninformed, waste of time, and imply I'm sexist. That's it. those were the points you made. No stated reason behind any of them.

Lets get back on track. Why don't you tell me exactly what right of women you think we disagree on. I said a woman should be able to do whatever they want with their body as long as it does not kill another human being. do you disagree with this position?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deckard you are wasting your time. these people are robots. Its time to leave the cesspool to the alt-right

Deckard likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I concur. Tallanvor is giddyup light. Just feel lucky he didn't drag you into six pages of idiotic comparisons and logical fallacies.

Besides, we know a man can't be killed by an abortion because there's no such thing as an unborn man. Silly rabbits.

And we know abortion is a women's rights issue because pregnancy happens inside a woman's body. Maybe tallanvor never had "the talk". o_O

Deckard likes this.
  11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Tallanvor needs to learn the definition of the term "bodily autonomy" as this is the women's rights issue he keeps denying.

Deckard likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

"I want you to tell me what we disagree about with Womens rights except for oh... the binary non-issue that is reproductive rights".

This is a clear straw man setup by a troll who has shown before to attack people and insult them personally when push comes to shove and he/she's asked to speak on a non-partisan human level. They are a clear troll that doesn't deserve responses to any serious discussion.

Deckard likes this.
  13. tallanvor

we both agree on abortion. A women should be able to have an abortion as long as it does not kill another person. No disagreement there. whats next?

besides calling his position stupid i never insulted him.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You insulted me. And we know what straw man you are trying to setup so stop replying to me, and folks need to ignore your troll posts.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good advice from you guys. I had giddy on ignore for a long time simply because of his endless repetitive posts on this issue. I'll stop responding to tallanvor. I should probably put him on ignore, but won't. Not yet. My ignore list has grown considerably.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So you believe that embryos are other humans/people?

If that is the case, the quite frankly tallnover you are a selfish peice of ****. If I knew that my nearest abortion clinic was killing actual live humans, I wouldn't give two ***** about self-preservation and do something VIOLENT about it. BABIES are being murdered. You post on message boards.

So selfish. You care about your self preservation so much that you are willing to allow thousands of human babies to die left and right in your own backyard. Disgusting.

17. tallanvor

My argument was that this should be the discussion as this is where pro life and pro choice people disagree. Not women's rights because we are on the rights of women.

18. tallanvor

Syrian government is murdering innocent people. What u doing about it?

19. fchowd0311

SO rationally, if the debate ends with a conclusion that embryos are human lives, it's morally praise worthy to go save some babies now and murder some baby killers?

20. fchowd0311

Is it happening in my own backyard? My own country? I did fight in a war because 3000 of my fellow Americans died and almost lost my leg so I think I can back it up somewhat. Babies are dying in more than likely a 100 mile raduis around you! Do something about it besides posting on message boards. Save those babies before they are murdered if you truly believe them to be living humans.