1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Places to visit while in Boston and New York

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dash, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Dash

Dash Member

First time trip to Boston and NY coming up in the next few days and wanted some ideas on things to do, places to eat or any place to visit - I pretty much have nothing planned yet besides checking out campus. Any recommendations will be repped and appreciated :)

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Was in Boston last March, better than I expected

Take a tour St Arnold's Brewery, not the biggest, but loads of free booze for just a small charity donation, I paid like $5. I hear Harpoon Brewery is great also to tour, with plenty of choices and cheap as hell beer.

For Lobster Rolls go to James Hook and Co, fresh lobster made in front of you, also get the bisque, best $25+ you'll spend for both.

Had a good time at the Cheers bar, the main one, not in the shopping center, loads of memorabilia, and replica set of the bar itself

If you have a car, take the hour plus trip to Springfield and visit the Basketball Hall of Fame, I had like a hour to tour and enjoyed the hell out of it.

I'll be in New York next weekend for Summerslam, I'm planning on going to few places I haven't been yet like Jane's Carousel, Washington Square Park, and Coney Island.

Plenty of things to do at both cities, don't waste a minute and have fun!

1 person likes this.
  3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Think you meant Sam Adams ;)

+1 On James Hook. Best lobster I've ever had

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Definitely go to Harpoon brewery in Boston, it's worth it. In NYC there's tons to do. However, if you're into speakeasy bars you definitely gotta check those out. One of my favs is Death & Co. Expensive, but worth it. Really really good cocktails.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

lol, you know I always got that mixed up, even when we were there in Boston

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Harpoon is awesome. The beer hall there is really nice and the view is spectacular. The only thing that sucks is the wait times.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

JFK Library in Boston.

For NYC, lot of good suggestions in those threads FTW Rockets FTW posted.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Check out highline, cloisters, and high bridge. Really cool stuff. Unlike Houston the re-purpose old stuff for good uses.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Boston, eat at Durgin Park near Fanueuil Hall, and in NYC definitely check out the Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Sbarro in Times Square (NYC). Others might laugh, but at least you have pizza.