1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photography/Bar Code scanning help needed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, May 22, 2018.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Hi Guys,

I wasn’t sure where to look for this online, so I thought you all may be able to help me in some way.

At work they used to have a camera, it is 9 years old and is no longer made, but it would scan bar codes and it would then append the bar code digits into the metadata (picture properties) of an image. Then the photos were uploaded to a shared drive and a job would grab the pictures and index them into folders based on the scan of the bar code.

Fast forward to today and we now have a similar need at work. We need to be able to scan the bar code and apply that bar code to all the pictures taken after that until another bar code is scanned.

• The bar code could be a folder that the images are stored it.(Name folder 112233445-1)
    • It could be what the images are named. (112233445-1.jpg, 112233445-2.jpg, 112233445-3jpg)
    • It could be random metadata that can be searched on (Somewhere on the details tab of the image we place this where it can be looked up)
    Any ideas? It can be a camera, and app for a tablet, etc. I am trying to see if something off the shelf can be bought rather than trying to have a app made for this.

2. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Look at Pruvan.com it can do everything you need and more.

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I don't need a consulting company, I need a camera or a tablet.

4. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Its a mobile app, you can download for free and use. You just wont be able to move the pics out of their system without a subscription.