1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People are dicks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Dec 5, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So, you wouldnt confront somebody that opened their door into your car while youre sitting in it...?

No, hes not the guy youre talking about and that guy youre referring to didnt say "he got a gun becuase he had a daughter" either.

2. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

The solution is to drive a hoopty so people know you give no ***** about ramming the car into them.

3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

People telling these types of stories also tend to go out of their way to make the other party look like complete brutes.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I would not confront him if I thought I needed a gun for protection.

What good is confronting someone if they don't give a ****?

And yes the guy did say he got a gun because he had a new daughter, was that you?

Newlin likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you were not kidding.

Wow.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm not about to ignore someone damaging my property or run away from being a good human being (stopping someone harassing someone) because i don't want any conflict. I don't have kids so no, I'm not that poster but if i do i'd like to teach them that when you see someone you can help then you help them.

I'm not gonna live my life scared and I am going to insure that I have contingencies. I view the gun like those emergency seat belt cutter/window breaker things you keep in your car.

7. Buck Turgidson

Stories like this just continually reaffirm my decision to bail on living in the city 12 years ago.

fattz, Newlin, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Now that you are licensed and carrying, you should find that you are now more patient and prone to deescalate a situation. You already know this, but you are responsible for every round that leaves that firearm, and can only meet deadly force with deadly force.

9. Falcons Talon

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

Absolutely. It's a huge responsibility I don't take for granted. I go to the range every other month now (went once in 5 years before) but i'll tell you now the people in my class that all got their LTCs...about 40% scare the **** out of me after seeing their targets during the tests and the **** they'd joke about openly in the class.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

12. Falcons Talon

On a similar note, I'm considering a 458 complete upper for Christmas to keep hogs and zombies at bay in the yard. Take a look.

13. donkeypunch

So youre telling me that you judge situations by stereotypes of peoples appearances? If you dont confront them, how the hell do you know how a situation is gonna turn out? In what instance do you know, pre-confrontation, if you need a gun or not?

I agree that it is no good to confront someone if they dont give a ****, but how would you know they dont give a ****, when you didnt even try?

No he didnt, and no it wasnt me, but I could see the value in what he was saying.

14. Falcons Talon

I know the feeling. When I qualified almost 20 years ago (It was still called a CHL) there was dirt flying off the ground 5 yards downrange during the 10 yard qualifications from other shooters.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sucks bro, I would have taken down their licence plate, took pictures and reported it (IF it had done damage).

I can just imagine what your face must have looked like when the dude was yelling at you through your own window.

[​IMG]

Nook and heypartner like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody is advocating to live your life scared, but there are other ways to address things without it coming to a physical confrontation.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you need a gun because you might have a confrontation that's kinda living your life scared.

I understand completely what you are saying with your last sentence but that's not the way you said it initially.

IMO guns rarely deescalate a situation.

Newlin likes this.
  17. Outlier

Outlier Member

This is how i felt

[​IMG]

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

I have no idea what you are rambling about in your 1st paragraph.

I don't usually confront people and when I do I can tell if situations are getting out of hand.

The poster knew when the guy did not give a **** and acted accordingly what would a gun have done?

So what did the guy say about the gun and his daughter since I got it wrong?

19. donkeypunch

You said that "you wouldnt confront a person if you thought you needed a gun".

Im just trying to figure out how you know if a situation "needs a gun" or not?

Obviously you would have to judge the situation of that person by appearance alone for confrontation, since by your words, you may or may not need a gun.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

.950 JDJ, bro. Anything less doesn't have stopping power. .458 is a clown cartridge

KingCheetah and Falcons Talon like this.