1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Penn State coach, AD, VP charged in child rape case

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 5, 2011.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I knew it. I knew there was no f***ing way he didn't find out in 1998 when it was first reported to campus police. There was no damn way that something like this was reported to PSU police and the first call they made wasn't to Joe Paterno. He knew for at least 13 f***ing years and he still let that piece of s*** walk freely on that campus with children.

Tear the statue down. Take his name off the library. He's no saint. He's a criminal.

2. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

If I ever have the misfortune of being in State College, PA, I'll definitely take the opportunity to defecate and urinate all over JoePa's grave.

What a piece of **** human being. Too bad he's already dead. How convenient for him.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't see anything new in the report about Joe Paterno. He doesn't look any worse than he already did in my mind.

4. justtxyank

I am not going to defend Paterno here. I think he obviously made bad decisions to protect PSU.

But...

The statement by the family is also true. The police investigated, the prosecutors investigated and you would hope the agencies that allowed him to adopt children investigated him as well. If the man was your best friend and one kid was accusing him compared to all the years of credibility he has with you, running that charity, adopting kids, a police investigation turning up nothing, etc...I could see him getting away the first time. It's the 2nd time that is the problem.

5. Mr. Space City

matt millen is a piece of ****

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I didn't know they were best friends. And I didn't know JoePa only heard it from one kid. And I probably should read the report, but didn't Sandusky say he never even talked about the accusations with JoePa?

7. justtxyank

I don't know what Sandusky said. But yeah, they were supposedly close friends. It would be hard for me to believe my friend and co-worker of so many years who ran charity for children and had adopted kids was a molester based on the unsubstantiated word of one child when the police didn't press charges.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

mcqueary is not a kid. Paterno made the active decision to change Penn States mind about telling the cops about him raping a kid. They had a plan of actions to inform the authorities, they changed this plan after a meeting with Paterno. They made no efforts to even ID this poor kid.

Paterno actively protected a child rapist.

9. justtxyank

The McQueary deal came on the second one, not the first. I already said the second one was the problem. But that he helped protect Sandusky after that isn't new information.

10. Bandwagoner

The 'problem' with the 'second one' removes any benefit of the doubt he could possibly get on the 'first one'.

11. justtxyank

My point is I don't feel like this report makes him worse than he already did. He already looked bad and we already felt like he participated in a cover up. What's new in this report? No new information about the first incident that makes it more damning.

12. Bandwagoner

For me, the fact that it is substantiated that he was the key proponent of changing the plan of action from reporting Sandusky to the authorities, to doing nothing, makes him look much worse.

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

It's a huge difference between suspecting it and being proven that he did it. It's the difference between OJ being found guilty vs. innocent. We all know he did it, but there's no substantiation.

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Reading a lot of reactions after Paterno's death - including here - it seems that a lot of people wouldn't admit they 'already felt' that way. I mean, it should have been fairly apparent, but....

15. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

wait what did he say? i saw he was on sportscenter this morning but didnt hear the comments. was he defending paterno?

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just a lot of stupid apologist stuff like "we need more time to examine what happened" and "this is just a blame game"

1. They did examine what happened, that's what the ******* investigation was about.

2. It's not a blame game, it's ACTUAL blame, and it's being rightfully assigned to PSU, the football program, its unquestioned leader, and the cowardly university administrators who were subservient to it.

18. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

wow...just like his son, both idiots. i mean i get his son isnt going to want to tear into his father...but its best for any paterno family member to just never talk ever again, let alone go on sportscenter

19. Summer Song Giver

That's what I thought too, for Jay, just go away and I'll privately feel bad you got wrapped up in all of this. But I watched that interview and what I saw struck me as manson family and stockholme syndrome wrapped up in one.

He wasn't even speaking of his dad, he was speaking of "Joe" like some sort of deity. He was raised, very intimately to worship Joe Paterno just like the rest of that university, the report wasn't saying those things about his dad, it was his god and if not his god, certainly his entire belief system; Paterno was that.

Jay Paterno should be forgiven for all of this and assuming he knew nothing of the assaults, I really do feel bad for him. How does Jay Paterno go on, especially once he comes to the realization that "Joe" really did cover this up with the hopes that it would never see the light of day, I hope he can.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member