1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce: Harden is the best player in the world today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Straight facts from the Truth.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

they're all wrong. the current best player in the nba is paul george . i mean, he actually chose to come back and play with wessbruk. that in itself should be rewarded.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Lebron is past his prime and I mean that as a compliment. To be this good past your prime is unbelievable. He is no James Harden. We would be in 8th with a healthy Lebron James.

Warriors would win the same championships if you replaced Steph or KD with Harden.

I doubt the Rockets win the same if Durant was in James' place. I wonder how long it would take for KD to start b****in' about things rather than do what James did which is to just carry more, do more of what the team needs, get into better shape during the season, not complain and keep insisting that the Rockets can win.

MAYBE Curry could and would carry the Rockets. Maybe... and that's because he has a championship, an MVP award and a 73-win season on his resume before KD even got there. Yes Draymond and Klay are great players, but they outperformed the abilities of Klay and Draymond and Curry's absence is the only thing that has made the Warriors look average in the last 5 years. Having said that, the guy has 0 Finals MVP's and he's been there several times so if we are knocking Harden's playoff performances, we have to apply that to Curry as well.

Today James Harden is the King of the NBA. If we're talking about today, no one is producing what James Harden is producing except maybe Giannis who is also a no-nonsense warrior in his own right.

Lawlruschang, Riz, ribbit and 13 others like this.
  5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I think these pundits sometimes disagree with each other on purpose just to make the show more interesting. Steph Curry? Really?

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Paul really gave solid reasons to why Harden is indeed the best player in the NBA today. No one could carry a team like he has done with an injured and struggling Chris Paul for most of this season. It was extremely demoralizing to say the least, even when Clint wasn't hurt. Chris Paul's return to being close to his best is extremely uplifting. He and the rest of the players know that Harden is the MVP and so do we. Lebron is a great player, but he has been the anti-Harden this season.

7. HRox832

HRox832 Member

The Truth speaking the truth

Lawlruschang, chadyang, Rox11 and 3 others like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

90% of the comments below the video are indicative of the BS narrative bspn has successfully manufactured for harden and also why the league office will not view letting harden be mvp again as a profitable scenario

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Paul says Harden is the best. Chauncey counters with Curry. Jalen counters with Durant. Yet everyone seemed to pile onto Paul about his pick, while the Curry and Durant picks go unopposed.

Bunch of haters. Paul is right - if KD was so good, he would have stuck with Westbrook in OKC. And we don't know if Curry is Harden-level, since he's never had a situation where KD/Klay/Draymond were all out for a 15-game stretch.

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

the fact of the matter is: until Harden does it in the playofffs and at least gets us to the NBA Finals, most ppl aren't going to give him the props he deserves.

I think all the hating is going to come to an end after this year. We need to beat golden state.

DaDakota, BaselineFade, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

If I could just put Loctite on those other lips

BamBam likes this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Win that championship harden.

Then they can’t deny you with that stupid defender playoffs ****.

As if kd and Steph are any better on d that harden anyways.

I don’t even know how Jalen rose mentions that.

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

It really is Durant. Nothing u can do with a guy 6 11 handles n can shoot from anywhere. Love harden he the mvp..but Durant is the best player. It's a honor n a testament that harden is in the convo. I will always say tho harden is the more skilled player if only he was 6 11. That's the only reason Durant takes it. But pound for pound harden

Artie_Fufkin likes this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I really hate that channel for that reason. They don't watch basketball and just retread crap from several years ago. If you can be in 2019 and still talk about one game from 2017 and disregard everything else you are stupid and have no business speaking on tv. If you say Harden has done nothing but went to Game 7 with the Warriors and really won the series then you are just denying facts. The Rockets have to win this year and even then it will never shut these azzholes up. This should be Harden's 4th MVP. He has 2 officially. We'll see if he gets cheated out of another one like with Westbrick.

Tfor3 and clutchdabear like this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they tried desperately last season to shift the narrative to lebron. so this season there is no doubt it will go to alphabet. at the end of the day it's all about bucks (pun intended)

BamBam likes this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

I've been telling ppl since 2016 KD's the best player, so it's good to see someone that's gets it. Harden's one memorable playoff away from becoming the greatest but until then Durant's the best

17. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Probably because Paul's pick was the only one with no championship ring. :(

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One person can be the best leader, the best player, the most valuable player in a season and in a postseason.

But it is extremely rare, and the best player of a season might not be the best player of the postseason.

I think Harden probably wins Finals MVP before he wins Defensive Player of the Year even with his much improved Post Defense.

Naismith likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

bringing up game 6 to try and deny that Harden is the best in the NBA is stupid...that was 2 years ago, and Harden is much better now than he was then

They want to bring up Harden choking in the 2nd round, but Curry choked in the finals which is much worse and blew a 3-1 lead. IIRC, he had more turnovers than assists the last 3 games of that series. Then he goes and begs KD who was coming off his own 3-1 choke to come and join him. Man, foh with that noise.

If Harden had the help that those dudes have routinely been accustomed to, then all these “chokes” would’ve been wins and we’d hardly remember them. Curry can play like sh*t, but he still has Klay, Dray, and now KD to pick up the slack. Before last year, if Harden played like sh*t, it was a wrap unless miracles like Clippers game 6 happened.

Harden right now is better than KD and Curry. Harden is the best and most impactful player in the league. Idiot casuals love to act like Harden plays no D when he does, and his offense alone is more impactful than any player’s offense+defense.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If he goes to NY and wins a few playoffs series i will agree. Until then he is the most skilled but not the best. I havent seen durant put a team on his back to the extent that harden has. Durant is an elite role player on his current team.