1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patriots Players Skipping Out on White House Visit

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by CallMeTheDream, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Trump is very close with both Kraft and Brady. They talk a lot actually. Brady's mother is very ill right now so I'm guessing that's why he didn't go. Trump isn't a monster just like Obama isn't a monster. Anyone who says differently has issues and can only see through one lens. And if you don't think every last one of these guys is a narcissist then I don't know what to tell you.

http://www.businessinsider.com/patriots-owner-robert-kraft-loyal-to-donald-trump-2017-1

Kraft brought up the time his wife died and how Trump was one of the few people who was truly there for him, a time that seemingly cemented Kraft's loyalty to their friendship.

"When Myra died, Melania and Donald came up to the funeral in our synagogue, then they came for memorial week to visit with me," Kraft told the Daily News. "Then he called me once a week for the whole year, the most depressing year of my life when I was down and out. He called me every week to see how I was doing, invited me to things, tried to lift my spirits. He was one of five or six people that were like that. I remember that."

It is hard to hear that story and not understand why their bond goes well beyond politics.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-e...m-brady-has-and-hasnt-said-about-donald-trump

October 14, asked why he was standing up for Trump:

“He’s a friend! That's why. Because friends are important in life and I’ve known him for a very long time, so certainly, you know, friendships you endure over the course of long periods of time, and he’s someone I played a lot of golf with and he’s a lot of fun to play golf with — although, I’d much rather be on his team when he play golf, than be against him.”

November 18, asked if Trump cheats at golf:

“Nah. He just—he doesn’t lose. He just doesn’t lose.”

December 15, asked directly if he was supporting Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign:

“Can I just stay out of this debate? Donald is a good friend of mine. I have known him for a long time. I support all my friends. That is what I have to say.”

“I support all my friends in everything they do. I think it’s pretty remarkable what he’s achieved in his life. You’re going from business, kind of an incredible business man and then a TV star, and then getting into politics. It’s three different career paths. I think that is pretty remarkable.”

October 17, on his friendship with Trump:

“We’ve played golf together many, many times and I’ve always had a good time with him. He’s been a friend of mine. He’s supported our team. He’s supported the Patriots. He’s been on the Patriots sideline a lot. He’s always called me after games to encourage me over the course of 15 years. That’s kind of the way it is.”

January 24, asked again if he called to congratulate Trump:

“I have called him, yes, in the past. Sometimes he calls me. Sometimes I call,” he said Monday. “But, again, that’s been someone I’ve known. I always try to keep it in context because for 16 years you know someone before maybe he was in the position that he was in.”

Uprising likes this.
  2. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I'm sure some of y'all will love this.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/19/donald-trump-inaugural-committee-donors-nfl-mlb-donors

Several million dollars of the the $107 million raised by Donald Trump’s inaugural committee came from owners of American sports teams, the Federal Election Committee disclosed.

The donors include owners from each of the four major American professional leagues, though the NFL is represented most prominently.

The following NFL owners donated $1 million: Dan Snyder of the Redskins, Shad Khan of the Jaguars, Bob McNair of the Texans, Robert Kraft of the Patriots, Woody Johnson of the Jets and Stan Kroenke of the Rams.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

The stupidity in this thread amazes me... half of you just spout off things you've heard others say about trump and repeat it blindly.

Do you really think he's worse of a human than most politicians?

The difference is he was a businessman and a billionaire and didn't care to cover up all possibly negatively viewed choices and decisions. So all the bad is right there to see...

Politicians are some of the most terrible humans on the planet ... on both sides of the aisle. They just have perfected the art of covering it up that's what makes them politicians.

Sorry for the rant but it's incredible how orwellian America has become in such a short time. We now have the majority of people on either side of the aisle that go along with what they are told like blind little sheep.

When I read 1984 the thing I could never believe possible was the people being sheep...never thought that possible on a large scale...it's frightening to see it come to pass.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member