1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patriots Players Skipping Out on White House Visit

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by CallMeTheDream, Feb 9, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I hope Rockets win championship because I want to see if Beard is going and I'm quite sure Harrell won't be going. So Mrs. White House is using IPhone 7 Plus

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Bobby, you insult every past President by comparing them to Trump. There should be repercussions for being an *******.

sammy likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this part, the repercussions should be that no sports team should be invited to the White House after winning their championship. Being an ******* should have consequences.

raining threes likes this.
  5. raining threes

This is what should happen

6. raining threes

Yep, Trump is a real a-hole.

(Sarcasm)

7. raining threes

Exellence

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ironic post

9. Buck Turgidson

Iconic post.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Why should NFL players be held to a higher standard that the man who occupies the actual residence? He doesn't respect the office, why should they?

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  11. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

It is an honor to be invited to the WH, but in no way should anyone feel forced to go. If you want to politely decline to go because its hard to shake hands and smile with someone who you feel doesnt have your best interests at heart whats the big deal? Do you honestly want to go and be fake smiling with a guy who you know that if you werent in the NFL wouldnt give 2 sh*ts about you just because of who you are and where your from? I can understand ppl wanting to go because of the honor and whole experience of it, but I also get why guys ask themselves why should I have to go be fake with a guy who represents everything wrong in America? Oh, and the people who get offended that NFL players or whoever dont wanna go need to get a life and worry about bigger things (like a habitual liar of a president leading this country).

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

There is nothing disrespectful about choosing not to go meet the President. He's an elected official, not a King. Whoever skips may not have voted for him and may not agree with any of his policies. Respectfully declining to meet is ok.

Bäumer likes this.
  13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

How big of a deal was it when Tom Brady skipped the Obama visit?

14. Buck Turgidson

Many people were talking about it.

15. Nook

Nook Member

The Cubs President, Theo Epstein today would not commit to going to the White House if the Cubs repeat.... he is a well known Liiberal and has privately spent money to protest Trump and his policies.

It really should be something people go do out of love of country and respect of the office of the Presidency.

16. Buck Turgidson

Sure, but honestly there's no ****ing way I could shake his hand and fake smile for the photo op. I would die a little inside every second.

17. Major

Major Member

Why? It's a publicity stunt for the President to bask in the limelight of successful athletes. I don't see any reason either side is obligated to do it. No one thinks any less of the office of the Presidency or the country because some sports team didn't do a photo op at the White House. I don't think anyone thinks less of a President if he or she doesn't shake the hand of some famous sports stars.

Everyone stands for what they believe and makes their political statements in their own ways. If some athletes want to do it this way, it's not anyone's place to tell them otherwise.

cheke64 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

You are taking it way too far. I gave my opinion, I didn't say to make those that choose to not attend into pariah. I simply believe that in life you only get certain opportunities a few times in life. I personally would go because it is a special opportunity. If a player chooses not to go, there shouldn't be any consequences. Having said that, other teammates or fans are entitled to express their opinions anyway they see fit as long as it is legal.

19. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

If Hillary was president I'm not sure if I would go as I have zero respect for her so I can't really blame individuals who don't want to go with lack of respect for current president. Guess it depends on if you feel you are disrespecting the individual or the office of president.

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  20. Major

Major Member

Sorry - I was more responding to the general tone of the "it's disrespectful" idea, not you specifically. You just happened to be the last response so I ended up quoting yours. My response would have made a lot more sense quoting some of the other people. Sorry about that!