1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson to Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jul 4, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Perfect Player for OKC Thunder...

He gets out of the way for WB and PG to crash them BOARDS!

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fans were saying this exact thing about the Rockets back in 1992. We arguably have 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA in their primes, and we got them without tanking, and people ARE NOT happy? It's like playing cards with my Sister's kids...

BTW...
    (What a strange and creepy post)

o_O

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you are weird too........responding to a message that wasn't even remotely addressed at you or nothing to do with you.

#103 daywalker02, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bro, you are writing some weird **** in this thread.

5. Chamillionaire

Good player and fit. Would of liked him for the min but

PJ Tucker > PP

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. MystikArkitect

WC playoffs going to be lit next year. Hoping for healthy seasons from all so GSW will actually have to earn a repeat.

Props to the Thunder.

7. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I did watch the games. Been on NBA LP for years, wouldnt miss it. You're mistaking Westbrook on the Thunder with Lebron's Cavs. The Thunder was fine when Westbrook left the game, which was not often. Westbrook shot them out of the game, Roberson helped with FTs.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

The thunder were not fine when westrook left the game. in fact they were terrible. and it's not even close.

our bench was the difference in the okc series. once okc had to rest wb for as little time as he did hou demolished however deep they had to go into their bench.

9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I meant Roberson helped us with his shitty FT shooting

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The difference in the OKC series was Westbrook's beyond shitty play in the 4th quarters.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah well when your bench completely sucks, that's not really a surprise

12. Icehouse

What does the bench have to do with you ballhogging and shooting like garbage in Q4, surrounded by other starters?

fba34 likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

plenty, if you can't rely on your bench to atleast hold it down and completely let the game go, then by all means wb might as well try to win it. it's not like he didn't come close.

14. Icehouse

But when he was jacking in the 4th it was with starters, not the bench who let the game go? So again I ask, what does the bench have to do with you playing like **** in Q4 surrounded by other starters? IE the guys on the court that helped you get leads before the bench blew them?

And he didn't come close. They won 1 game.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

when he was "jacking" it was halfway through the 4th when he has to come in immediately since the bench just sucks. so again I say it has plenty to do with it.

16. Icehouse

False. Go check some game logs. OKC blew leads with him on the court as well. Ebbs and flows of the game. Including 4th qtr leads with him on the court.

fba34 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol game logs. you're not even close in this discussion. anyone thinking that the bench wasn't the difference in that series has no idea wth they're talking about. trying actually watching every single game instead of the game logs.

When Westbrook wasn’t on the court, Oklahoma City was even worse than you probably thought. The Thunder were outscored by 51.3 points per 100 possessions while Westbrook watched from the bench, for a total of 46 minutes during the series. That’s about one full game, scattered throughout five games, of total ineptitude.

In real terms, when Westbrook sat this series, the Thunder were outscored 137-79 in 45.5 minutes of total court time. They lost by 58 points without Westbrook playing. For the entire series, Houston only outscored Oklahoma City by 43 points.

Russell Westbrook was off the floor for 6 minutes in Game 5.

In those 6 minutes, the Rockets outscored the Thunder 27-9.

get outta here with youre agenda against WB. you have no argument when it comes to this specific matter

18. Icehouse

Yes, game logs that clearly show how many blown leads OKC blew with Westbrook on the court, including in Q4. They also show who else sat almost every time he did, which dispels the false narrative of they can't hold leads without Westbrook.

Westbrook was on the court for the majority of every 4th qtr, where almost every game was close, and he played like garbage. There is a clear dropoff from his play in the first 3 qtrs and the 4th. And that was the main difference in the series, his garbage play in the 4th qtr of tight ballgames.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey is great in pulling off some amazing deals. But he did dodge a few bullets by luck. It could have been really bad had he gotten his way on those blunders. Melo being the "key to a championship formula" was the most embarrassing, imo. I hope he just forget about this Melo thing for now and concentrate on building a good supporting cast. I wouldn't want Melo via trade. If we can get him cheap after a buyout, I'll see him as the same kind of deal as getting Josh Smith a couple years back.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

so let me get this straight. All I see in this post is someone's incorrect opinion on what actually happened in these games in reality and somehow we're supposed to take it seriously? Nah not happening.

And add to it the only thing it's based on is wb hate basically. yeah not credible. move along and go watch all 5 games first before you try and break down what really happened