1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley named to All-Defensive 1st Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 26, 2017.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'm always kind of confused how these work, or on what criteria voters are picking on. Gasol is known as one of the best defensive big men in the league, yet wasn't even close to making an All-Defense team. Kyle Lowry didn't even receive a vote

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

doubt anyone would be happy to see him leave but unfortunately to get the talent upgrade necessary he'd be one of the guys that would need to go. he would be a great piece to any winning team but he deserves a good pay raise and he knows it. that won't happen here when the rockets are still in need of top talent.

clutch citizen likes this.
  3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Regardless, I'd still be upset at losing a guy like Bev. I understand you need multiple all-stars to compete That doesn't mean you can't be upset at losing the pieces you have to give up to get that.

4. Mattician

Mattician Member

Awesome! Congrats!

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

headline leaves out Beverley. media conspiracy

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/...e?cid=nbacomsocial_fb_sf92602205&sf92602205=1

Draymond Green, Rudy Gobert, Kawhi Leonard lead 2016-17 NBA All-Defensive first team
    Official release

Jun 26, 2017 1:07 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green, Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert and San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard – the three finalists for the 2016-17 Kia NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award – lead the 2016-17 NBA All-Defensive First Team, the NBA announced today.

Green (198 points, 99 First Team votes), Gobert (196 points, 97 First Team votes) and Leonard (192 points, 93 First Team votes) were overwhelming choices for the First Team, as selected by a global panel of 100 sportswriters and broadcasters.

The three players are vying for the Kia NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award, with the winner announced tonight during the inaugural NBA Awards live on TNT (9 p.m. ET). Leonard earned the honor in each of the last two seasons, while Green finished second both times.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I was upset to lose Parsons too but I trust Morey. He isn't going to let Pat go unless he knows it will make the team better in the long run.

BigMaloe, Vivi, FLASH21 and 1 other person like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Thinking of the Rockets without Bev is sad. Thinking of him in a different uniform guarding Harden a few games next season is scary.

Regardless, this is well deserved. Congrats Bev!

Richie_Rich and alethios like this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A true pro.....and a leader! Don't let that pass....Wolverine is most definitely a leader!

In addition to being a defensive monster, Pat can now stick the J from downtown...or hit the runner. All that hard work has paid off in spades.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

said it before. the best true isolation defense I've seen any guard play on westbrook on a possession in that video right there

12. fattz

fattz Member

Good to see a real role model get their's. Congratulations to him because his hard work shows and is now being rewarded. Next step is to get paid... Rockets?

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

14. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Pumped for Pat! Despite the rumors, I hope he's a rocket for a long time

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Doesn't change the fact at all that people much smarter than the posters complaining about Bev's D noticed how good a defender Bev is.

16. the shark

the shark Member

Congrats PB!!

Rockets definitely need upgrades at certain positions, but trading away your best defensive player (IMO) isn't one of them.

He's the heart and soul of this team.

Richie_Rich and macho GRANDE like this.
  17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Keep Bev at all costs and with CP3 we'd have the best defense backcourt!!

Pippen was all defense in 99, that must have been reputation no? We only have 4 players all-NBA first defense? That's crazy low

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

God I love Bev.

Richie_Rich and heypartner like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Seriously, me too.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

best part about this is we went on to win the conference title and beat the Cavs for the O'Brien trophy . . . oh wait . . . :(