1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. txn

txn Member

I am sorry. I am anti-warrior. But this line-up will get destroyed by those p*****s. Where is the defense?

SuperKev, saleem, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  2. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

That's why Love would be at the center position for parts of the game.

Either PJ Tucker would have to be traded or Moreys working on a sign & trade w/ Capela?

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I always enjoyed Popeye calling me knottypine in reference to my baseball background....among many other things. Miss him.

5. alethios

alethios Member

CP3 all by himself

rammo likes this.
  6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

So how is DM pulling Love out of his proverbial hat?

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hookers and cocaine with Gilbert!

Rudyc281 and Shark44 like this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Melo + Love + Harden on defense against the Warriors.

[​IMG]

D-rock, J.R., DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  9. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

I’m waiting for someone to ask...

Plowman likes this.
  10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

What?

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Love and Melo together...i don't see it, but if Melo can come off the bench it would make sense.

The big problem here is that i don't see how we can get an all star without trading Gordon and pick/s. Even if Love for some reason wants to be here (keep in mind he's expiring so he can have a say on a trade), we would be forced to move Gordon and a lot of other pieces to match his salary, or...Anderson which would lower our package by a lot, at that point we would be forced to add two 1st rounders, Gordon, 2nd rounder/s and/or young player/s, take back a contract from Cleveland...don't see it.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The only way I see us getting Love is with a Capela S&T.

I'm guessing, Capela & Anderson + 2 first for Love, Nance and Korver

That would be a big risk, could pay off though. I could see Nance effectively replacing Capela's role, Nance is a very solid defender, he's not the same shot blocker as Clint, but he's a better switch big (like Draymond) which is arguably more important.

Not sure a defense with Harden, Korver, Anthony and Love could stand a chance. It would be a classic MDA all offense, MOAR 3's type squad though.

hakeem94 and ArtV like this.
  13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Rockets would have to get a proper center. Nance is not that guy.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nance is actually pretty close to what the future of centers will look like IMO. Watching Paul and Harden absolutely embarrass non-mobile bigs last season was eye-opening. Every big has to be able to defend on the perimeter in a switch everything defense or else they become a huge liability. They have to, and Nance is perfectly built to do that while also being able to hold down the majority of today's bigs on the inside well enough thanks to his ridiculous athleticism and solid strength. So I'd be pretty damn comfortable with Nance being a full time starting center for us. I know it's scary to think about bigs like DMC and Howard dominating with brute strength, but we could always just sign a big body or use Nene in those situations if we need to.

So I don't think Nance at center would be a problem, IMO he'd be a clear plus defensively at center in our defensive system.
    What I wouldn't be comfortable with is Love, Melo and Korver trying to defend the perimeter when they physically can't.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How are you doing, @Codman these days?

D-rock, DonKnock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hope you are okay Codman. We all pray for your health and happiness.

slothy420, DonKnock, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think Kev Love would be a good fit and all, but wtf? Are we completely abandoning our defensive priorities? A lineup that includes Melo and Love is a huge step down from Luc and Ariza defensively. Maybe the increase in offensive production cancels it out, but ...damn. That is some serious defensive ineptitude. I can almost hear the sound as opposing player blow by them.

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I think it's easier to coax good defense out of guys than make guys threats offensively.

Like if you aint got it offensively you're just not really gonna help out much but defensively you can be pushed to be at least good enough through effort alone and a lot of that comes with locking in, scheming and the intensity of the game. I've seen both Melo and Love lock in defensively in the playoffs, obviously Melo was younger and Love was playing for rings but they've done it.

It might not show over the course of the season but it also might work beautifully who the hell knows honestly. But like Morey says this is an arms race, you get the talent and figure it out later.

Possum, hakeem94 and ArtV like this.
  19. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Ennis the Menace will surprise you on defense. I think he would need to be the starter in a lineup like that with Melo off the bench. It would be JH, CP3, E, Love, Cap.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Love
    Melo
    Harden
    Gordon
    CP3

Lol this would be the lineup they would throw out that would also suck on defense.