1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Out of Bounds] James Harden and CP3 Interviews; Gilbert Arenas Media Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clutch citizen, Feb 20, 2018.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I hate this show for the most part because of the lack of knowledge in their opinions. But Rockets were featured in this episode, and there’s no basketball until Friday. Harden and Paul giving good insight about each other. Also, Gilbert Arenas experiencing one of the media conspiracies here about Nike players getting preferential treatment. Time stamp descriptions below:

15:23 - James Harden interview

24:30 - CP3 interview

33:10 - Gil saying he was cut from Team USA in 2006 because he was not a Nike guy (he was with Adidas)

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I tried to tell y’all that Nike push was real...

3. aroundtheblock2

I think Gilbert Arenas is on to something when he says that going to a 1-16 playoff format would eliminate the east coast audience because thats exactly how I'm guessing the NBA league office looks at it. They don't care about a true champion, they care about those ratings at the end of the day. Unless the NBA grows a lot more internationally making the east-west coast audience insignificant, the east coast (Celtics, Knicks) and west coast (Lakers, Warriors) will always rule the NBA landscape.

Also, we all know the east has been garbage for almost 20 years now, which is a big reason LeBron has had so many finals runs as he's had. Do not underestimate how good for the NBA business it is to have LeBron in the finals every year, so the 1-16 would be an obvious decision from a competitive stand point, but maybe not from a business standpoint.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

can't wait for the full Rockets team to bust OKC's ass.