1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our limited guard & overall rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vlaurelio, Dec 12, 2017.

?

What do you think of our limited guard & overall rotation?

1. We are at a disadvantage it's on Morey to make minor moves on the roster

24.4%
  2. We are at a disadvantage it's on MDA to develop and trust the guys in his roster

24.4%
  3. We are at a disadvantage it's on both Morey and MDA to resolve this

20.0%
  4. We are not a disadvantage the players just have to play better, harder, and smarter

31.1%
  1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Well, we’re always open to adding talent...but so is a 13 deep warrior team.

2. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

We've used Luc a decent amount as a 2 guard this season, and Ariza has played a ton of 2 guard. It doesn't really matter that much, because there aren't many 2 guards that can burn us for doing that, and it's worked for us well so far.

The real question is (outside of depth in case of a very bad emergency) why should we change our rotation significantly at all?

3. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I'd like for us to get to a 10 man rotation at least, either adding a backup guard or yet another sg/sf who is defensive-minded. It'd be cool if Zhou could play solid defense with his height, but he's still got quite a bit a way to go.

heck, i'd like to get beverly back now haha (though I know it's probably not possible). But it'd be fun, and as critical as i've been of him in the past, he deserves to taste success in Rockets red.

4. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Maybe towards the end of February as the regular season winds down, can coach D'Antoni get the starters their minutes to secure the wins needed for home court advantage.

At this point though, prior to the Christmas holidays, I would hope that coach Mike D'Antoni give more playing time to the bench like Tarik Black and Troy Williams, and maybe even Briante Weber. When the shots aren't falling for the shooters like Anderson, Ariza, and Gordon, he could insert Troy Williams who is very capable of scoring.

In addition, giving the rest of the roster playing time will give coach D'Antoini and point guard Chris Paul an idea of the strengths of every guy on the roster and how he plays when under pressure.

Just my opinion. It's really up to coach D'Antoni.

#124 dfbreyes, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    csj likes this.
  5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Sean Kilpatrick

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Jordan Crawford

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Jordan Crawford

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

9. Drogba

Drogba Member

Anyone that thinks we can beat Golden State running an 8 man rotation all year is delusional. Injuries are inevitable & players will be gassed by the time we even enter the damn thing.

Been like this for years.

J.R. and vlaurelio like this.