1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orlando Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sealclubber1016, Nov 5, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

From 08-11 Orlando posted 4 consecutive 50 win seasons,including consecutive 59 win seasons. Howard was the primary offensive option, and the offenses were very good. Last season in LA he was hurt and the other 2 great players (Gasol and Kobe) never really wanted to feature him, so I write that season off.

Now I've always just assumed it would take some time,maybe even a whole year, but eventually when everybody got comfortable he would be just as effective as he was in Orlando. Yet I see everybody panicking, and bemoaning how bad an offensive player Howard is.

So i ask why do so many of you just assume he can't get back to that level and should be abandoned as a post option?

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He looked pretty good out there tonight. Was getting to the rim with ease. He needs more shot attempts, we just have to learn how to get him the ball. There were many botched passes to him tonight that, if properly executed, would have been easy dunks.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tonight was the best he's looked IMO. Powerful moves to the bucket and he really couldn't be stopped (other than at the free throw line). He obviously still has a ways to go, but tonight was the first night where I actually thought we didn't post him up enough.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Refs stopped him.

Think he started off the game scoring like 6 points off of post ups?

They need to get the ball to him when he dives to the rim. He has to be like over 60% on those plays if not higher...

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

His quickness and upper body strength is there, which is why he was able to repeatedly get to the basket against the Clippers defense. But his explosion at the rim doesn't look the same. Notice his hesitation when he's near the basket, like he's worried about getting his shot blocked. Three years ago, those would be easy dunks for him.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is not a good offensive player, he is a powerfully quick player - I doubt he ever gets back to being that guy.

DD

7. arjun

arjun Member

you can tell...he's just waiting to break out.

needs that last 2-3 inches of explostion in his legs...and he'll be alright.

its november guys...if he's healthy and rested...i expect a VERY strong 2nd half of the season from him leading up to the playoffs.

23 n 14

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Wasn't there just an article about a muscle imbalance with Dwight? It is the beginning of the season, there will be bumps along the way.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dwight is much better than last year, but his health is not 100%.
    No panic though, this team is vastly superior to last years.