1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On Sports 610....Do we "NEED" to hear from Cal McNair??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I downloaded a program called Colorblind Assistant. You put the cursor on top of any part of the screen and it tells you the RGB values and the Hexadecimal. Dark Steel Blue is the color and here's a cupcake for you.

[​IMG]

conquistador#11 and houstonstime like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Unfair...

Blatz likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

I'm not sure TJ was the correct ex Texan to use for these bits. He can go off tangent with no filter at any second.
    I would have gone with Wade Smith.

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It's completely the same as when Moon came out of college???

Have you looked around the league at non-white QB's who are drafted high and starting? That doesn't mean it is perfect, but it certainly isn't the same as it was 30 years ago.

5. Fantasma Negro

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a 57 yr old white man, I have been around racism my whole life. In the last 25 years I have tried my best to rid myself of people in my life that are racist and that includes my own behavior. I grew up in a very diverse area and always thought that life was just what it was, I tried to be good to everyone. I don’t believe that is enough. There is a lot more that I need to learn and more that I need to do.

RayRay10 and havoc1 like this.
  7. STR8Thugg

Yeah but because you are white you will always be labeled as a closet racist with white privilege and born with a diamond spoon in your mouth regardless of your beliefs and your actions.

raining threes likes this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

NOT TRUE! I am a Black American and I feel we are more acceptive of White Americans, than vice versa. Visualize this, if a White Man walked into an all Black establishment, what would be the reception, compared to the other way around? I think we all know how that would play out!

We just want EQUALITY! I have a neighbor who is an avid Trump supporter (I know because, on one occasion his mail got mixed in with mine and he received a Gold Member letter from The Donald Trump Campaign....OBVIOUSLY, HE GAVE A LARGE DONATION). I have a different belief. I am a Democrat and I believe we need to support programs that help those who are in need!

However, he treats me and my family with respect - as an equal! That's all I ask for! We, as Black Americans, are not asking every White person to take a LIE DETECTOR TEST to see if they are a Racist or not....What you need to realize is that WE ALL FALL SHORT, NOBODY IS PERFECT! Just treat me equal!

houstonstime, RayRay10 and studogg like this.
  9. csj

csj Member

There's no need to "visualize" this hypothetical, just ask a "White Man". All but the most sheltered have walked into a "Black establishment" and know the reception. It varies from what you'd hope to see to downright racist hostility.

Compared to "the other way around" it would be situational but not really different. Even granted that the black community is more tolerant of ethnicity, which is not true, look how tolerant the black community is of gays. Blacks have no monopoly on tolerance of differences, everyone has the same problems.

We all have the root causes of racism and other isms within us, it is not the exclusive domain of the "white devil". Racism exists all over the world and in every color. It's also a complex behavior where otherwise good people can feel hatred toward for others without realizing it or otherwise being willing to tolerate it in anyone including themselves. Everyone either has a story or is the story.

Finally, all of ballgame's post reek of racism, even down to the apparent surprise that his neighbor isn't racist despite being a Trump supporter. That's not to equate his personal views with those of white nationalists, but a solution to racism includes eliminating racism in everyone. A world without racism does not include ballgame's racist views. The hypocrisy of racist expressions complaining of racism turns off the very people who most need to be reached.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. STR8Thugg

I'm not sure this is entirely true. Sure, if a black man walked into a bar in Vider, TX there is pretty much a guarantee that would end badly. In the opposite direction, there are plenty of places the situation is easily reversed. But I am willing to accept a difference of opinion on that...

As far as my original comment, I was mostly being facetious, but I think your viewpoint is more optimistic than the reality (especially now with tensions so high). Pessimist I know.

Either way, I appreciate your comment, and I completely agree with the sentiment. I just wish more people truly felt that way.

raining threes likes this.
  11. ballgame

ballgame Member

This is what I am saying, rarely do two people agree on everything but the key is to find common ground. I am really looking at the McNairs in a whole new light! If you look at the interview they did with Travis Johnson, you can tell this is all new to them. Their experiences are not mine and it doesn't mean they are either right or wrong but the fact that they are willing to sit and listen and act up on it, shows they are willing to change!

Most of us have different backgrounds and levels of experiences, so naturally our thoughts are different but if we can have equal judicial laws, equal government and educational systems, it can work!

studogg likes this.
  12. csj

csj Member

...and the first step to finding common ground is to add people who don't agree with you to your block list!