1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC's Westbrook ft. Paul George & Carmelo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Oct 20, 2017.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

in another slump.................lost 6 of the past 8 now

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

If the Thunder miss the Playoffs, the whole "Westbrook had no help" argument for his MVP season is invalid

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

It already was a ridiculous argument considering that plenty of other superstars have led worse teams to more wins but this will force the idiots to realize that.

roslolian, BigMaloe, Mazulis and 4 others like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I thought all-star Oladipo put that to rest

arubato, slothy420, roslolian and 4 others like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no, they ll just switch it to another narrative, as creative as the original was

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You know, it's no longer unthinkable. The Jazz are on a tear and have a pretty home heavy schedule remaining. The Clippers are remaining competitive post-Griffin. And OKC has a brutal schedule the rest of the way.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

I actually want the warriors to somehow play the thunder in the first round...and thunder to upset them. the look on durant's face would be very satisfying. then of course we somehow play the thunder and take them out.

arubato and vlaurelio like this.
  8. BackdoorHarden

How can a team with a MVP and an ALL NBA guy in Paul George and Steven Adams and Melo be 1 game out of the playoff???

roslolian likes this.
  9. jlwee

jlwee Member

The West is relatively weak this season. Beside Warriors and Rockets, the rest of the teams are basically most of less same tiers (Spurs minus Kawhi really hurts them).
    Thunder despite having 3 stars ( i don't know you still can consider Melo a star or not) the rest of the rosters sans Adams are basically G-leaguers.

Basically the number 4 to 8 seeds in the West are up to anyone to grab.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

In a perfect world i would prefer for us to be the ones to beat the dreaded warriors but I dont really care. I just want to win the championship no matter who we play lol

Sajan and roslolian like this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

The Spurs are only 2 losses in the loss column from 8th, i'd say 3 to 8 are up for grabs..Since the start of the New Year, the Spurs are 10-12

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Billy Donovan is in way over his head. College coaches don't make good pro coaches with Stevens being one of the few exceptions.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Need more help...

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3- 10 race is awesome, jazz are coming..not sure who will drop out of playoffs all these teams are inconsistent

BigMaloe and roslolian like this.
  15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I’m guessing it’s gonna be nop and lac imo.

So many injury concerns for both teams. Nop has no depth and lac has no real star player.

It’s to the point where it fees Davis puts up kinda empty numbers. He is so dominating but for whatever reason just can’t lead his team to playoffs consistently or will his team to a victory.

Williams has been great but he’s still just a great 6th man type player. He’s just received a huge usage this year and to his credit has been efficient. But not really someone you should rely on.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

17. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I agree about the championship, but I have to admit - I want the Rockets to dethrone the warriors. I think the WCF will be EPIC, and I say Rockets in 7. Our team is angrier and hungrier.

However, I do want the thunder to either not make the playoffs or crash out in the first round, setting off a domino effect:
    1. PG leaves
    2. Melo exercises his player option, sucks next year.
    3. Presti cannot attract A-listers, forced to fill out roster with average players.
    4. OKC hamstrung by westbrick's contract and eventual declining physical abilities.
    5. As everyone leaves around him, westbrick becomes a triple-double machine again; HOWEVER
    6. They get worse every year until they bottom out and look to rebuild in the draft.
    7. Media conveniently ignores the triple-double barrage and their idiotic MVP selection of westbrick over Harden.

Anybody have a different take, or anything to add to the sequence?

BigShasta, peleincubus and slothy420 like this.
  18. arubato

arubato Member

We’ll destroy them. 4 boring wins

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

OKC...that would all but guarantee Paul George leaves, and hopefully he ends up in Houston

20. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Well the Thunder are 2-0 vs Warriors and 1-0 vs us so far. It seems like they match very well with the Warriors. Their play level is totally different when they play them. All about Matchups