1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC's Westbrook ft. Paul George & Carmelo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Is that Screech from Saved by the Bell?

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Didn't he turn out to be a piece of ****

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I lost faith in rocketstruth...:( He said we were purposely losing to Portland and then we ended up winning. It's all BS methinks

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

To be fair, he said it was either the Thunder or Rockets.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ya true. But what he said the other day really was like a punch in the gut for us rocketstruthers

Scarface281, DreamShook and BigShasta like this.
  6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Very much so.

I’m definitely a rocketstruther at heart. He has a few more blunders before I turn heel

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@RocketsTruth make me believe again!!!!

BigShasta likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

Solid post.

BigMaloe, Deuce, Nook and 9 others like this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Well in all fairness it is possible that "Carmelo is a better basketball than Eric Gordon". I mean I have never see either one of them as a basketball

BigMaloe, marky :), photojoe and 3 others like this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There is something to be said about chemistry. Do you really think the Rockets are that much better from last year? When you're the top dog, teams will put their ego's aside and come at you hard. Sure, OKC has a coach issue, but the reality is the players have ego issues. Putting your ideal fantasy basketball team together does not equate to a great team. Sure, OKC should be at least winning 2-3 games per loss, but they have no chance of beating a healthy Warriors.

Easy likes this.
  11. underrated015

underrated015 Member

OKC!! lol. Media is real quiet now about them.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's only November

It's only December

It's only January

DudeWah, BigMaloe and Killatron 2000 like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I need moar okc news

CrushCity, macho GRANDE and BigShasta like this.
  14. photojoe

photojoe Member

I have to admit, I really am enjoying watching them fail

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

If they wouldve lost to utah, grizz, and twolves then this wouldve already exploded. Theyd be 9-17

Im patiently waiting.

16. MystikArkitect

He is rounder.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

"For the talent that we have, obviously this is not where we want to be," Thunder forward Paul George said. "But we're going to remain optimistic, though, about the future and what we can do. Once we can find a way to really do it night in and night out, it's no panic mode, but we have to start playing better. It's getting to a point where we can't allow ourselves to be at this point. We can say we're going to figure it out, we can say all that. But at some point it's gotta stop."

"As crazy as this may sound, I was really, really, really excited with the way we played offense tonight. I really was," Donovan said. "I thought we generated really good shots tonight. It wasn't a great shooting night for us, but I think the guys' intentions of trying to do the things we've asked them to do -- in terms of ball movement -- I thought they really stayed with it for 48 minutes. I was really encouraged by that part of it."

"It's up to us, honestly," Westbrook said when asked how the team is going to turn the corner. "Just gotta figure it out and play the same way every night."

"We're not getting off to a great start and it's just playing its way all the way through to when we get late in games, and for whatever reason we try to turn it on," George said. "It just seems we're a completely different team that last four or five minutes, and that's the way we've got to battle for 48 minutes."

"I think sometimes people look at players, or look at a team, and they kind of say what they're forecasting for it not even knowing all the dynamics it takes to even be a good team," Donovan said. "And I think when you've got half the roster that's different, these guys have done a really good job sacrificing, they've done a really good job building relationships and communicating, they've done a really good job working, and they're trying to get to know each other on the court."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21744393/oklahoma-city-thunder-searching-answers-gotta-stop

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . . .. but they started here:

Rocket River

TracywtFacy and BigShasta like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

we were this close to their season basically being a wrap

BigShasta likes this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I liken the difference between the videos to be the difference between how 538 predicted election results vs. how they are reporting Trump's approval ratings. Getting a prediction wrong doesn't null an analysis. Predictions assume a lot, in this case we assumed buy-in from the Thunder players and good coaching to foster teamwork. Instead, we have three lone wolves pretending to work together and a coach who can't control three stars now instead of one. I mean, for the same reasons we thought Melo would buy in here, we thought he would buy into OKC. The thunder *can* still figure it out, and that fear is still something real to me. This team has defense down, it's just late game execution and shooting that plague them.