1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] WEEK 1: TEXANS@INFLATE-RIOTS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Sep 4, 2018.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

• Bill O'Brien said Seantrel Henderson out for the season, will undergo surgery Tuesday
    • Bill O'Brien 'I do realize I can take a timeout' Said he thought Rob Gronkowski caught it
    • Kevin Johnson will miss a significant amount of time with concussion, per Bill O'Brien. 'It's concerning. He will be out for a while.'
    • Bill O'Brien praising Tyler Ervin, thought rookie punter Trevor Daniel had a tough first game, but did 'OK' Says he's sure he'll get better.
    • Bill O'Brien said he expects Will Fuller back from hamstring injury
    • Bill O'Brien said Kayvon Webster, coming off Achilles last year, won't be back this week, but will be part of rotation soon

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. the shark

the shark Member

Did I hear correctly that four of the five starting OL for the Texans last yr are out of football this yr?

Who's the idiot that put that OL together? I think we all know the answer to this.....

Uprising likes this.
  6. marky :)

marky :) Member

That's a strange quote.

To me "gone south" = losing the game and that's what happened.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thats just a dumb thing to say. Deshaun is his own person and his own man, the butt hurt comes from him and him only. He might be getting too big of a head. I hope not, but you never know when everything is getting handed to you these days.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Your opinion that we have the right to call you out on because there are many posts blaming watson, kjo, refs, etc.. a bunch of blame that doesn't include BOB. This thread is actually very reasonable in the criticism but you and the other guy are trying to pretend it's not.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are ridiculous ipaman. I called out BOB on many posts. Your criticism of my opinion shows you are very biased. If you think Watson did great, so be it. I don't. I want him to do good, but don't like what I have seen since preseason. I hope he becomes great, because he will be leading our team for years. I definitely blame BOB, and think he has horrible play calls a lot of the time. I don't think much of his coaching and coordinating, and certainly don't consider him a QB guru. You have no reason in your criticism. You just like criticizing everything I say and don't respect my opinion. I really don't care, because we see things differently, but that doesn't make me a liar. It's guys like you who think you know everything and bash people like me for their opinions that take the fun out of this forum. Try just not being so critical of people's opinions.

Fyreball and houstonstime like this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Now you're changing your opinion. You said this thread/Texan fans were harsh in blaming BOB and ignoring everything else and that's a flat out lie. This thread has blamed EVERYONE so quit trying to act like this thread is unfair or unreasonable. Never happened.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

stick a fork in Kevin Johnson, this guy is done.

Kareem is better than him at CB, but he's also good at safety. KJ is terrible, could have gotten Marcus Peters.

Fulgore likes this.
  12. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

So is our starting QB from ‘17

Lol every single important piece of an offense is donesy

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

The annoying thing about O'Brien is there are times when he calls a beautiful game like the Bengals game last year. He had a game plan that worked (protect your young QB) on a short week after getting obliterated by the Jaguars.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

OT Chris Clark
    G Xavier Su'a-Filo
    G Jeff Allen
    OT Breno Giacomini

Fullcourt likes this.
  15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

My new favorite narrative: Watson has to play good enough to overcome the disadvantage of BOB.. As if the last 3 years before Watson BOB didn't have to overcome the disadvantage of NOTHING at QB. Is BOB the best coach? Not by far, but blaming everything on him is such a cop out when you actually watch the game. KJO should never step on the field again. Literally 2 of the 3 TDs were on him alone. Then the first TD was Watson coughing the ball up. Not to mention BOB set up Watson for a TD but he couldnt make the throw.. Yet somehow BOB cost us the whole game from the sideline.

I will say this... I was impressed with Irvin's returns. Another decision by BOB to keep him for that but nobody wants to give him credit there either.

No Worries and donkeypunch like this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Bahahahah even Watson's complaining about an analyst is BOB's fault? Jesus.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

I haven't seen anyone on here say the coach is the only reason the Texans lost. I've seen them criticize his late-game management and not calling the time-out on the Gronk catch. Those are valid. It is also valid to blame the rest of the team specifically for things they didn't do well. I have seen multiple criticism of Kevin Johnson, Deshaun Watson, Seantrel Henderson, Cunningham, even Clowney. You jumping to the coach's defense like he is the only getting the blame just doesn't make sense. He is not above criticism. Yet somehow you want to make everything the team did positively a credit to the coach. You can't have it both ways.

And now we're giving credit for roster moves to the coach? I thought up until this year it was all Rick Smith's fault?

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Was very impressed with Ervin and his returns, shocked even. I will eat my crow for having doubted him. Most impressive aspect of the game for us yesterday.

houstonstime likes this.
  19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Once Rick Smith was gone, people blamed us keeping Irvin on the team on BOB, now he does well and no one says anything. I understand that people blame everyone but the hate for BOB is way worse, there have even been new threads started about "dumbest coach ever" and firing him... So while I don't think BOB did well and agree that people are complaining about everyone, it just seems the overall hatred is all at OB and it just seems like after this one game it was a little unnecessary as I don't think BOB is who lost us that game.

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I also had/still kind of have no faith in Irvin. I didn't think he deserved to be on the team. But that was the most consistent part of the game yesterday. He ended up at or passed the 30 yard line on almost every kick return and got positive yards on every punt.