1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

When she was cut off during in the last debate when addressing Warren. Now our recent madam president going after her. 1st Kamala Harris, soon to be Elizabeth warren.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Elaborate. What did she bring up? What nuance did she bring?

MiddleMan likes this.
  3. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

4. fchowd0311

Disgusting. Using her middling officer rank experience doing medical admin work as relevant experience to command the military is stupid.

Any veteran with actual combat experience in actual relevant command billets over actual combat units would laugh at her. God damnit, a E-3 Lance corporal who was a infantry fire team leader in charge of 3 other Marines in combat has more relevant command experience than her.

Thank you for highlighting why she is such a turd of a candidate.

jiggyfly, Rashmon, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  5. fchowd0311

As the president, I want a commander in chief who doesn't think their irrelevant experience is relevant to comanding the armed forces.

With Trump, he claimed he knew ISIS "more than the generals". With Tulsi, her irrelevant experience as a medical admin staff member in a reserve unit thinks she is experienced. That hubris is scary.

I want a president who is going to listen to the 4 star generals who do have relevant experience.

#325 fchowd0311, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    jiggyfly likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

How so? By lying about how relevant her reserve non combat role military experience was as a medical admin?

By stating useless platitudes such as "we must say the term Islamic terrorism to combat it" as if DEVGRU operators don't know what targets to attack if a president doesn't give a speech to the public saying the literal words "Islamic terrorism"?

By having zero nuance in domestic policy?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Gabbard throwing her large ego out there. Golly.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Hillary started this Red Scare paranoia, the media and the left amplified it, no wonder she's drinking her own koolaid and smearing Tulsi.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Nook and dmoneybangbang like this.
  10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Bad move by Yang since most Dems dislike military veterans. Already taking heat.

ryan_98 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Who told you this?

Serving in the military doesn't bar one from criticism. That's horrible logic.

Nook and Space Ghost like this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

bro at first i thought it was a bad move ... All i had seen up till this tweet was Gabbards response, which without context looks a little cray cray

but then i saw the accusation without any evidence

and i heard Van Jones speak about what heppened at the DNC in 2016, theres personal history between the two

Yang maybe doesnt have all the facts but he's right. Maybe Gabbard has done shady things or is russia's preference , but people jumped on that accusation like wildfire. This is a veteran who came back and decided to run for congress . this is a sitting congresswoman. At the very least people should learn both sides of the story before jumping on

On the other hand, Hillary might very well be dirty . We know shady **** went on at the DNC in 2016 . I dont trust Hillary at all

Yang might come out of all of this looking symapthetic and patriotic. Hillary is toxic . This will further boost his support among independents and republicans , espcially if Tulsi is innocent. Even if she's not , i think Yang can say he didnt have knowledge and was just giving a friend he'd made on the campaign trail the benefit of the doubt

Tulsi served her country. We shouldnt immediately throw her under the bus for getting pissed that someone called her a russian agent lol

TheresTheDagger and ryan_98 like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If HRC said this about anyone , why would russia not do the exact same thing to that candidate ?

Its not like the twitter bots are under Tulsi's control . Russia can exacerbate the situation.

14. dmoneybangbang

Pretty sure Russian interference started this paranoia. Moscow Mitch is slow to act because of the dark money being funneled into special interest groups.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the left calls all of their political opposition racists and/or Russian assets

it's just white noise at this point

irony is Tulsi would easily be the best general election candidate against Trump

16. TheresTheDagger

I'm really curious as to why Clinton did this? Tulsi was never gonna be anyone that could threaten to become the Dem nominee. And this type of action gives her a boost in reputation and pure recognition among voters.

Not to mention, it's the type of thing that could push Gabbard to be precisely what she's talking about...a 3rd party candidate.

Clinton is slimy and scummy but not stupid. And where politics are concerned, there are few better. There's a reason she did this, and I don't think it's because she actually believes Tulsi is a Russian plant....I mean....COME ON.

I just can't see the political angle here. Something is happening under the surface.

B-Bob and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

I don't believe Tulsi is actively being a sleeper agent lol. She's just a useful idiot. I'm sure the Putin Regime likes her foreign policy and they just push her agenda through their troll farms. She has no control over that and there is like a .01% chance she is actively spreading Russian propaganda. They see her has an inexperienced Individual who has plenty of hubris that probably would be good for Russian interests.

jiggyfly and Rashmon like this.
  18. TheresTheDagger

Maybe, but accusing someone a congresswoman and presidential candidate of being a Russian asset sure as hell DOES require than just a flip comment by a scummy two time loser like Clinton.

Then again, to the left an accusation of being a russian asset is all that's required these days. The modern day Mccarthyism.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

I don't know what Hillary meant by "asset" but if I was going to make an assumption, she doesn't mean a literal agent of Russia but rather just a useful idiot. We already know Russian troll farms are spamming pro-Tulsi propaganda on social media. That doesn't mean Tulsi is apart of it. She has no control over that.

The "left" are people in relevant fields who track the sources of social media posts and see where their origin is from and notice that a lot of pro-Tusli social media posts are from troll farms. She poses zero threat as a actual front runner in the primaries so "the left" has no motivation to unnecessarily smear her. She's a **** candidate without any of the unnecessary smearing.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

@fchowd0311 has some very valid points. I've been a Tulsi fan before she jumped into the primaries. I like what she said. However since she has jumped into the primaries, she has largely brought nothing to the debates. She has great point about regime changes, however it stops there. I believed she was above the petty insults and bickering, but she is no better than HRC, Trump or the rest of them. I respect her service but there is more to the Presidency than a couple tours as a medic. Most of her positions are no more than a copy and paste of other candidates, which is about as meaningful as those candidates who are falsely advertising to give everything away for 'free' to win a cheap vote. She has been exposed much like the die hard Beto fans are starting to come to terms with.

The whole HRC incident only proves she is a low IQ political candidate, just like HRC. HRC is using Trumps tried and proven method; Bring a person down to your (pathetic) level and beat them with experience. HRC had nothing to lose and Tulsi had nothing to gain engaging with a loser like HRC. Trump and HRC's purpose is to make everything they touch toxic.

dmoneybangbang and fchowd0311 like this.