1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Vs. Bye

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

#FAKENEWS

In all seriousness. I'm all for constructive criticism, there are a lot of things BoB can improve on - like clock management, and including the TEs in the game plan more or teaching DW4 to be more creative on check down plays with pre-snap reads. Why people feel they need to create completely wrong narratives in an effort to prove that he is a bad coach is truly baffling to me.

Wattafan and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Colts coach really played himself by not punting to ensure the tie vs the texans.

Colts could be 4-4-1 and texans could be 5-4-1

Instead its 4-5 colts and 6-3 texans.

Svpernaut likes this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Colts have played much better since that game though.

Knocking on the door to 500

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I mightve spoke too soon about colts winning this game tho. Jax tryna come back. We’ll see

Svpernaut likes this.
  5. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Many, many games are decided by one play or one mistake.
    Other coaches can make mistakes too.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This week would get a whole lot nicer if the Jags can come back here.

Titans beating the Patriots like that is just weird.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't know how to feel about the Titans game.

On one hand they are closer to us now...on the other hand we are closer to a top 2 seed (Crazy, I know...)

I guess it is a good thing, if we can't beat the Titans when we play them then we don't deserve a 2 seed/bye week.

8. Svpernaut

The Patriots offense just doesn't have many weapons, they are really missing Blunt this year. If Gronk is out, they are very easy to scheme against.

Also, don't read too much into the Titans beating them and the Texans not. BoB's Texans have only played the Pats in New England, and they simply don't lose there... which of course makes their last minute losses in NE all the more frustrating.

HstnSprtsFan101 and JayGoogle like this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

You yelling doesn’t change my opinion

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh well, guess we feel differently about him. He's a keeper in my eyes.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. The rest of this season should prove interesting indeed, especially when we face the Titans and Colts again.

12. showa13

showa13 Member

The loss to the Titans is an interesting development in conference standings. The Pats still have to go to Miami, where there is voodoo in the air and they lose a lot. If the Texans(and yes it’s a big if) run the table and the Pats have another slip up, a 1st round bye is a real possibility. I’m not worried about the Jags, Colts, or Titans either, especially since we get them all at home.

As to the Kareem talk, you only keep him if he comes at a reasonable price. He is 30, but he’s been consistent over the last couple years minus the occasional slip up. If he’s looking at highest paid safety money then you walk away and do what you can to retain Honey Badger, helps that Justin Reid was a gem in the 3rd(still don’t know how he made it all the way to us).

Washington is banged up still, and BOB always gets lost bye week right so I’m looking for a tough fought out win.

13. Svpernaut

I predict the Texans end up 11-5, but 12-4 is not outside of the realm of possibility. The fact that a first round bye is even feasible after starting 0-3 is a damn miracle. My main concern, is if they play the Patriots in the playoffs, we need it to be at home - so I am hoping the Pats continue to slide.

red5rocket and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Given the way the Texans squeak by every week against weak opponents I wouldn’t count on 12-4 or even 11-5. Each week will be a battle.

The Hunted likes this.
  15. Texanstradamus

Time for a 2nd half push hopefully DT is up to speed and Keke is back along with J-Jo and Colvin

red5rocket likes this.
  16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Also,if not for one lucky play on special teams by the titans, the texans could be 7-2, and the titans, 4-5.

houstonstime and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Suddenly the AFC South looks more competitive. We have the Titans and the Colts at home. If we end up having the best record in the AFC, that would be an absolute miracle after a 0-3 start.

18. HTM

HTM Member

That would be wild with Chiefs looking so good.

solid likes this.
  19. conquistador#11

Easy:
    we will know more about the chiefs after their game with the Rams in Mexicoville. Will lasers play a factor?
    If chiefs lose against Rams,
    they still have the Seahawks, Ravens(who can throw a k.o punch any given weekend just not consistently), and chargers to face. Let's say they finish 12-4.

Chargers have the Broncos twice, who will play anyone tough. the steelers, Ravens and Bengals. I can see the chargers finishing 12-4 also.

Steelers have the Patriots and Saints, 1 loss would put them at 12-3-1.

Texans finish on a 13 game winning streak get first round bye, people complain why aren't the Texans playing on Saturday!

but one game at a time.

#99 conquistador#11, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member

I hate when people say a team loses or wins during a bye but...