1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Vs. Bye

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Offweek discussions go here.

mikol13 and theimpossibles1 like this.
  2. conquistador#11

First season since 2012 that I believe we will be triumphant over the bye. What is pain? French bread!

Red.Glare and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Texans win 100-0.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Always name your rec team "Bye Week".

BigShasta and Pringles like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bob O'Brien just ran Lamar Miller up the middle for -2 yards on first down.

[​IMG]

6. SuraGotMadHops

Depends whether Joe West is calling the Bye.

Marteen likes this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Timeout! Texans.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Kevin Johnsons return game.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

...and suffers career-ending concussion.

ramotadab, sammy, bilaal14 and 2 others like this.
  10. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

Close win. Other team's coach called a bad play so the good guys win. 14-12

juanm34 likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Does coach O'Brien think that Bye Week's QB is good enough to be a 3rd stringer?

12. xaos

xaos Member

Another boring win

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

1. Kevin Johnson needs to retire... dude needs to understand that he is not fit to play NFL football and he has a whole life ahead of him
    2. OB still sucks and I hope, one day soon, he get his head out of his a** and actually coaches a really good game with little to no mistakes.
    3. Watson also has alot of growing up to do on the field. He needs to be precise and decisive in the pocket and not always rely on his feet to help him fend of the defense.
    4. Kareem Jackson is the best safety in the NFL and its not even close. He should be in the discussion for NFL defensive MVP of the year... atleast in the top 5. I think JJ WATT wins this one.
    5. Jordan Thomas is that dude... how he slipped to the 6th round is beyond me. Akins was a waste at #3 round.
    6. Lamar Miller and Alfred blue are back ups at best... i dont like them at all...... hoping and praying foreman can be back and be his old self again after the bye.
    7. Clovin should be back along with JJO and that should help us tremendously.
    8. Our Oline continues to improve day in and day out... the Texans should get their franchise LT or RT in the first round of the draft next year, and use that money to sign other free agents to protect our franchise QB.
    9. Sad that Fuller out, I hope he sheds the injury bug soon, he is the difference between a top 3 offense and a middle of a pact one.
    10. Keke just needs to go ahead and take these hammys off of me, we need dude, and hopefully he will be back and ready to go.
    11. DT is going to be up to speed and WATCH OUT NFL.
    12. Love the play of special teams. They have been superb. They have been consistent all year, props to the STs coach. I am not confident in Kfairbarun, but I will roll with him. :/
    13. Hats off to Romeo, he has also gone a good job so far with all the injuries.
    14. We really missed cunningham as Mckinny looked lost in coverage most of the day. He has his worst day of the year in Denver as he was beat in coverage and missed some big tackles.
    15. Hats off to Gase for getting Reid. He is a stud, and if he keeps on playing the way he is.... he should get the nod for atleast a Pro Bowl alternative. 100% tackle rate. WOW.

That is it for now.... Hope the texans get healthy and are ready to go in Washington once the time comes. Can't wait.

Rashmon, ramotadab, UTSA2step and 6 others like this.
  15. showa13

showa13 Member

Jokes about bye week aside, having it a week after the midway point is great IMO. Team has been banged up but seems like guys were close to coming back last week, an extra week of rest never hurt anyone(especially No. 4). Other than the Eagles, I think the Texans can easily win every other game granted they continue this level of play. And I think they’ll have a shot against the Eagles as well. 13-3/12-4 is a real possibility, and if the Pats or Chiefs slip up(also a very real possibility) then we have an outside shot at a bye.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

ramotadab, Sajan, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  17. Nimo

Nimo Member

I agree except I wouldn't consider Washington an easy win. That's a team that can stop the run without having to stack the box. The Falcons just ripped them for 150 yards and are still averaging less than 90 yards a game. The secondary play very aggressively with Norman, Swearinger, and Clinton-Dix. I will actually be more impressed if the Texans beat Washington.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Norman isn't as good as he once was.

I like the Texans coming off a bye against a team that has no OL and Alex Smith at QB.

Houston should be able to run on them just fine.

UTSA2step likes this.
  19. solid

solid Contributing Member

You beat me to it. I almost broke my TV Sunday over BOB's incredibly stupid, repetitive, and ineffective playcalling. Might as well put a billboard with the plays you are going to run. BOB's philosophy is if it doesn't work, keep doing it.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

He might not be all-pro but he is still aggressive. So are the safeties. And like I said they have been good against the run. They limited the Saints (with both Kamara and Ingram) to less than 100 yards rushing. The Panthers (with McCaffery and Newtwon) to 81 yards rushing. I don't think they've allowed a 100 yard rusher all season. The front seven is still intact. I don't see why you think Houston should be able to run on them just fine. They couldn't run on the Broncos, one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.