1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Was it?

Josina: Landon cleared out his locker room
    Schwartz: There's still stuff in Landon's locker
    Landon: the stuff that's still in my locker is stuff I don't need so...

Sounds like Landon confirmed Josina

red5rocket likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Landon will be franchised.

3. HstnSprtsFan101

I’d like to see us lock up one of Kareem or the Badger before FA begins. I believe Kareem is the superior player but he is almost 4 years olde than Mathieu. Keeping both seems doubtful

body slam likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Free agent FS Glover Quin is contemplating retirement.
    Quin was released by the Lions last week, and he's not sure if he'll play another down in the NFL. When asked if he would entertain new offers, Quin said he'd speak with his family and will "call it a career" if they don't meet his expectations. Despite his age, 33, Quin has enough gas in the tank to receive reasonable contract offers. He earned PFF's No. 42 safety grade out of 89 qualifiers last season.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Lamar Miller almost got 1000 yards in about 13 games behind this horrible line. You dont think LeVeon could do better? Plus the line will be better and defenses will have to respect LeVeon more. I would sign Bell and keep Lamar for one more year. In 2020, Foreman and Bell are your 1-2 punch.

red5rocket likes this.
  7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Resign honey badger, bring quin home

Dump Kareem, it’s been long enough

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean you’re trying to argue ... I guess ... that the Texans had a good offensive line???

Not really sure there’s a response to that lol

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’m sure he’s saying if Lamar nearly got 1000 yards behind a horrible oline, Le’Veon should get a lot more being that he’s better. Not to mention the oline should be revamped this offseason as well.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

^^ what he said....
    and what he said again.

If Leveon is a better runner and a better receiver like we all believe, imagine how better he will be compared to Lamar was last season. And presumable behind a better line.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ok. That’s fair enough.

But Lamar had 5 rushing touchdowns. The team as a whole was horrible in the red zone. And we all know about pass protection.

Great... Bell would be better. The line still won’t be able to move anyone on short yardage situations.

Don’t get me wrong. Want to add Bell WHILE meaningfully improving the line... great!

But a better line is way more important. For one as you note we already have a 1,000 yard rusher despite the bad line. For two, despite that as I note they still struggled in aspects of the run game. For three they couldn’t pass protect and DW is obviously the most important member of the team.

12. HstnSprtsFan101

Seems like we were leading the league in rushing for the first 6-8 weeks? The O-Line was not great by any means and we’ve got to improve it but we’ve all seen Lamar enough to know that it’s just inconsistent. He shows great flashes that give you hope then the next week he looks like a completely different guy and Blue is Blue. Leveon would be a big time addition. Hop, Bell, Fuller & Coutee as weapons is as good as it gets.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Another thing that could really help this offense is to use our tight ends more. I'm hoping one or both of our 2nd year TEs can take significant steps forward this upcoming season. They both showed promise.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Wonder how much we were actually able to send our TEs out on routes vs. straight blocking. I'm assuming they were helping the Davenport and Lamm out more often than not.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Jackson was having a pro bowl safety level season before he had to be moved to corner. He’s as solid a tackler as you could find and can be moved to corner in a pinch. Not sure why people want to let him go. I’d sign Jackson and HB, cut or restructure KJ, sign another fast cover corner and then draft at least two more.

Jackson, Reid, HB, and Hal give you a great group of safeties. Retain them all and go load up on CB. We have the money and need to make these moves before Watson gets a huge deal.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No Worries and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26046817/picking-best-free-agent-offers-leveon-bell-one-take#hou

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I’m sure this has been discussed somewhere but Campbell’s mock draft today had an interesting blurb re Jaelen Strong:
    walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie_2.php

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/texansb_logo.gif

[​IMG]
    Houston Texans: Justice Hill, RB , Oklahoma State
    image: http://walterfootball.com/college/OklahomaState_logo.gif

[​IMG]
    Prior to the 2015 NFL Draft, long-time Texans scout Ed Lambert raved to me about David Johnson and how he wanted the Texans to land him. Bill O'Brien, however, demanded the Texans take Jaelen Strong instead of Johnson in the third round of the 2015 NFL Draft. As a result of O'Brien's mistake, the Texans still need a long-term running back. The red-zone offense has struggled because of the backfield issues, including Lamar Miller slowing down, and O'Brien possibly on his way to running D'Onta Foreman out of town. Imagine if O'Brien had listened to his scouts and Houston had David Johnson to go with Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie_2.php#l7XbwUvv1olERaYK.99