1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Victorious

Victorious Member

[​IMG]

We could use some help back there...

2. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

This team is obviously the joke of the city right now. Astros contending, Rockets making major moves and not standing pat, and Texans doing absolutely nothing and operating without a real GM. I would take Bud Adams, Mike Holovak, and Jack Pardee over this any day.

3. conquistador#11

It's really happening

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You really need to stop posting. On 2nd thought, keep posting because things seem to happen when u post dumb ****.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No reason not to trade Clowney for Ramsey.

Rudyc281, desihooper and Fulgore like this.
  6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Jalen is gonna come here haha. Jk but maybe. Also, they don’t need more pass rushers and we don’t need to hurt our oline even more making them face that pass rush twice a year.

Edit: I thought my picture went through, but look at dhops insta with the rockets, jalen commented about stars teaming up in Houston.

7. awc713

awc713 Member

Ramsey is going to the highest bidder, simple as that. I don't expect him to come here. He's not taking a deal, that's for sure. And our FO (do we even have one?) isn't going to listen to Nuk or any other player when it comes to bringing a player in, surely one as pricey as Ramsey. I hope we do buck up and sign him, but I don't think Ramsey even wanting to play in HOU has any effect on the cost it would take to bring him here.

whag00 likes this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I was
    I was just making a comment about how jalen commented on stars coming to Houston.. as in he would, likes he’s don’t multiple times. I’m not saying he will ACTUALLY come here, just saying it’s funny how much he talks about it.

awc713 likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. raining threes

The Texans making an aggressive move to add a guy like Ramsey?

LMAO

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Future Power Rankings - Next 3 years
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...ngs-projections-all-32-teams-next-three-years

1. Indianapolis
    2. New England
    3. Philadelphia
    4. Kansas City
    5. Seattle
    6. Pittsburgh
    7. New Orleans
    8. LA Rams
    9. Cleveland
    10. LA Chargers
    11. Chicago
    12. Minnesota
    13. Green Bay
    14. Dallas
    15. Atlanta
    16. Houston

Overall score: 77.6

Why they're here: An early playoff exit doused most of the good vibes of the Texans' remarkable turnaround in 2018, but there are plenty of potent ingredients that could result in success moving forward. Deshaun Watson's brilliance provides the largest beam of hope, as he bounced back from a torn ACL as a rookie to play all 16 games in 2018 and throw for more than 4,000 yards. The roster has top-tier talent in key spots, but the offensive line is a serious question mark, as much will be expected of first-round pick Tytus Howard. The largest question mark looming over the organization is the front office, as the Texans have a general manager vacancy after abruptly dismissing Brian Gaine. -- Field Yates

Biggest worry: When your offensive line is coming off a season in which it gave up 62 sacks and allowed a 41% pressure rate (both worst in the NFL), you know that fixing this unit is the top priority going forward if you are to have any chance. Firing the GM (Gaine) who was responsible for singing free-agent OT Matt Kalil and drafting OTs Howard and Max Scharping in the first and second rounds, respectively, doesn't give me any confidence that this coaching staff and the front office are on the same page. That usually doesn't bode well in terms of success on the field. Watson deserves better than what he has received in terms of protection, and if the players who were brought in can't be developed or utilized properly, this team is in trouble. -- Louis Riddick

What could change for the better: It will be difficult to project good outcomes for this franchise until it straightens out its front office. After firing Gaine after only one season, the Texans appear rudderless. Their attempt to hire Patriots personnel chief Nick Caserio was inspired but proved a dead end for now. If the Texans want to compete in 2022, they'll need to start at the top. -- Kevin Seifert

17. Baltimore
    18. Carolina
    19. Tennessee
    20. Oakland
    21. Detroit
    22. Denver
    23. Buffalo
    24. San Francisco
    25. Jacksonville
    26. Tampa Bay
    27. Washington
    28. Cincinnati
    29. NY Jets
    30. Arizona
    31. NY Giants
    32. Miami

13. Mattician

Mattician Member

More like the joke of the NFL.

rockets94-95 and raining threes like this.
  14. AstrosRockets1818

This is the least excited I've been in a long time. We play a ton of BIG name QB's this year.
    Brady
    Rivers
    Luck x 2
    Ryan
    Cam
    Mahomes
    Bortles x 2

gonna be a long season i think.

15. SuraGotMadHops

I just can't believe the dysfunction and bungling this franchise has gone through this offseason. Firing Gaine with the dream you'd land Cesario, then getting slapped around by NE and now having nobody, NOBODY. It's embarrassing as hell. Cal is not a Jerry Jones type that can GM his own team. Bill O'Brien as we have seen can barely manage a game clock, he needs less responsibilities, not more. Now he has to add one more thing to his plate that he sucks at, choosing players (remember Mallet and Hoyer?).

I never thought I'd miss Kubiak and Rick Smith so much. At the very least, they were ORGANIZED!

16. AstrosRockets1818

Be prepared for a rocky season.

Best case is 8-8. Worst case is 4-12 in my opinion.

I just hope the fans don't turn on Watson.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

U are not very smart, are u?

Oilers front office was a joke. Pardee was a good coach though.

A week ago, the sky was falling in Rockets’ land. People claiming Tillman money problems and Darryl Morey should be fired because he doesn’t know basketball. Short memories..

body slam likes this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Tells me how much u know. Bortles is a backup for the Rams. Texans dont play the Rams.

Why don’t u roll up in the fetal position, like a little girl.

red5rocket likes this.
  19. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Yeah I’m plenty smart actually. Based on your spelling errors with the Rockets owner and GM you might want to check yourself on that one.

I was around for the Oilers and stand by my comments. That front office that you referred to as a joke ran a top-rate scouting team — they actually found players in late rounds who contributed and even made the Pro Bowl. As devastating as the playoff losses were in Denver and Buffalo and on the road against the Redskins when we were both 7-1, we were in every single one of those games. This team on the road against playoff and regular season opponents like that? Give me a break. We’d be talking blowouts like when we go to New England.

Not that it matters, but if you dig deep, you won’t find me making any comments on here about Tilman’s “money problems” and Morey’s job security.

#3239 rockets94-95, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  20. AstrosRockets1818

Lol I meant to say Foles... which is much more scary.

The schedule is scary. And we have a dip **** coach who is now basically the GM. He can’t even manage clock so let’s add more duties. We have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL.