1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. raining threes

Keep telling yourself this

This org is an embarrassment to this city.

I'm sure you've got no problems with the incompetency that starts at the top and permeates the entire Texans org.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Here is a tip: You can go root for the Cowgirls or the Saints, if you want a team relatively close. You don't have to root for the "Embarrassment" named the Texans.

Texanstradamus and mario_v like this.
  3. Texanstradamus

Thinking long an hard this team isn’t in bad shape from a roster perspective we have QB weapons defense can be good this is mostly an upper management issue which can be corrected not like a GM is needed on the field to win on Sunday’s or right now during the break we don’t have a lot of money tied up to anyone that gonna cripple us either just got to wait it out l. Is this worse than the osweiler, mallet, hoyer Keemun savage carousel we were on ?

mario_v likes this.
  4. raining threes

Here's a tip, just because people realize how incompetent this franchise is doesn't mean they cant root for their hometown franchise.

I will be rooting for who O want too, difference is my fandom isn't tied to blind loyalty. Another tip, you give terrible advice and you should really get out of the tip, advice giving business if the best argument you can make is, Well, Well, you should go root for another franchise. This tells me you're a blind fan and I shouldn't be wasting my time with you. BTW, Are you the burner acct for BtG whatever happened to that guy? you will suffer the same fate if you cant be more intellectually honest. If that's even possible in your world.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

I still predict they win the division. The problems with the line wont be as bad if the receivers and the RBs are healthy. They gotta get Clowney back though

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I saw this on another forum Texans need to fire Clay Walker and just use the Benny Hill theme from now on

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans coach Bill O'Brien admitted CB Bradley Roby "hasn't done much" this offseason.
    He means that quite literally as Roby missed much of the team's offseason program while recovering from a "soft-tissue" injury. Roby was back for the Texans' mandatory minicamp this month, but clearly that wasn't a big enough sample size for O'Brien to evaluate his new secondary piece. "We'll just have to see in training camp," said the sixth-year head coach. After spending the first five years of his career in Denver, Roby defected to the Texans in free agency this offseason, choosing Houston over the Steelers and 49ers, who had also been pursuing him.

8. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

After the last few seasons there is zero reason to think that we will have a healthy WR corps. Of course we all know the o line will suck as usual. As will our secondary.

9. Texanstradamus

O-line will Atleast have pieces you can move around I won’t be worried until I see Khalil is starting at left tackle during training camp and health is always a gamble in the nfl Keke was usually healthy I think last year for him was a fluke fuller is a question mark however He should be ready for week 1. This all comes down to Watson he can get the ball out a little quicker which I think he will that will also help

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No...your Hyperbole about the Texans' franchise is laughable. They have not achieved the success we want, but to call a team that has 3 division titles in 4 years "substandard, worst," etc....is just dumb.

11. raining threes

Like I said 17 yrsnd haven't won ****, but have somehow managed to make fools of themselves and this city along the way. They really aren't in this for the rings. 3 division titles in 4 yrs in a sh!tty division, if that's what you want to hang your hat on then be my guest.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Look at the Pats' division. It has been WORSE than the AFC South for most of their run. 17 years. Go look at the history of NFL teams. Go look how long it took each team to just to make a SuperBowl from their inception. I'll wait. Take out the Ravens (which where the old Browns) and Panthers as outliers. It has taken At least 20 franchises more than 2 decades before they reach a Super Bowl. Currently, 12 teams have Super Bowl droughts of more than 20 years (or have never made it).

The Texans not making a Super Bowl is not unusual for NFL teams. Sorry.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. raining threes

Their level of mediocrity has been though.

Look at teams like the Rams/Falcons/Eagles etc... they've all had worse records within the last five years than the Texans and have made or won SB's. The Texans are still tripping over their d!cks.

I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't be doing with your fanhood. (Unlike you) I'm just telling you unless the Texans change their ways from ownership down you can expect more of same old same old and no Lombardi's on Kirby.

They really need to change the types of and how they acquire personnel.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And I'm telling you, 17 years is not along time in NFL franchise histories. Their so-called "mediocrity" is 3 divisions in 4 years. Doesn't matter what is done in the playoffs. There are many franchise would love to have that type of mediocrity. Hyperbole. Rams/Eagles/Falcons went thru DECADES of terrible before they won a Super Bowl. Rams: 3 decades, Eagles: over 4 decade, Falcons: 4 decades.

15. raining threes

I hope you're a young guy with this attitude, because it will require a new owner or two for the Texans to win a SB. Cal's kinda fat so I guess there could be an ownership change in the near future.

16. Texanstradamus

Falcons haven’t won one

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They should have....:eek::p:cool:o_O

raining threes likes this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL.....no it won't. Texans' ownership isn't changing anytime soon.

19. raining threes

And the Texans wont be winning a championship with a McNair as an owner.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

It is likely one of the starting receivers will miss a bunch of time but it is unlikely to have a repeat of last year where 2 of the 3 receivers miss a considerable amount of time.

They went 11-5 with that o-line. It is bound to get better.

The defense will survive with a weak secondary with a strong pass rush and timely safety help.