1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Fantasma Negro

Watson did retweet this

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

A frozen vine video?

Uprising likes this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

lol I'm sorry but that's top 5 best jukes I've ever seen

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the other two players are losing money too, the only player that is not losing money is Bell. Penn , he was set to get a $300,000 bonus, if he did workout, but he lost it with the holdout.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's posted on the previous page of this thread somewhere.

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ezekiel-elliott-absence-impact-dallas-cowboys

red5rocket likes this.
  8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Well if the report is true that we're interested, it appears it's just a matter of how much we want to pay him.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/0...irginia?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

--Brady had a pretty heated, vocal back-and-forth with Vrabel during portions of the 11-on-11 action. It was seemingly somewhat good-natured, but showed the intense competitive nature of the two former teammates and now foes. Let’s just say the language was…colorful.

Love Vrabel.

--A few plays later the Texans got revenge when Tom Savage beat Butler with a throw to Strong down the right sideline.

--The teams alternated drives in a two-minute situation. Watson led his team to a field goal. Brady then did the same, getting in position on a deep ball to Hogan down the middle, beating Joseph and Kurtis Drummond.

Our Rook competing with Brady.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

* During special-teams work, with the Patriots working on their kick-return blocking, Elandon Roberts, Derek Rivers, Glenn Gronkowski, Harvey Langi, Nate Ebner all had winning reps. Brandon Bolden took a hard shot from Texans rookie Avery Williams and was put on his back, leading to a loud celebration by the Houston special-teams unit.

* When the drill was flipped, Ebner was stopped cold by Williams. Jordan Richards was driven out of the play by D'Onta Foreman. Williams caught LeShun Daniels and knocked him on his back as well. Williams, an undrafted rookie from Temple, had a dominant day in the kicking-game drills.

* Brady ended up 18-for-27 in team drills and was forced to work with pressure bearing down on him for good chunks of the day. On one rep, he tried to evade Watt, who drove Thuney back into the pocket. It appeared as though Thuney and Brady's feet got caught up, resulting in a rare moment when Brady was on his back.

* Garoppolo went 12-for-21 and had difficulty finding open receivers for much of the practice. Particularly in the red zone, there were reps when Garoppolo appeared to force a pass into a spot that he might not if it were a game situation. He did complete a nice pass deep down the left sideline to Mitchell. He was also nearly picked by safety Corey Moore while attempting a shot to Austin Carr. Dwayne Allen also dropped a deep Garoppolo pass, and Garoppolo had one pass batted at the line by Carlos Watkins. During one three-play stretch of 7-on-7 work, Garoppolo threw two incompletions when he couldn't find an open receiver, and the third pass was dropped by Amendola.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. SinceEverSince

Clearly we will beat NE week 3.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Tough..wanted to see his fit here

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Super corny lol but good job finally getting a commercial

deb4rockets and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

One thing is for sure, I hope the Texans look better than the Jags are looking tonight. They look absolutely incompetent on both sides of the ball thus far.

houstonstime likes this.
  18. raining threes

The Texans will never sign a guy like Brock.

The Pats/Seahawks/Broncos will though.

# Putting the best product on the field as possible.

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I said the same. The fact they had interest shocked me.

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Things I saw/heard in that game:

1. Is it normal for injured rookies to chill in the suite instead of being on the sideline with the team?
    2. Their fans were booing by the end of the first.
    3. After Bortles overthrew Robinson the announcer said "If I'm the coach, I'm putting Chad Henne in with the ones just to see what I have..."
    4. 4th and 1 in the end of 4th on the goaline down by 6... lets throw a fade (thats some BOB playcalling right there) but it was worse because it was after a 3 and 1 fade and the management has said they want to run more lol..
    5. Chad Henne looked so much better.. threw 2 TDs that were dropped. I'm pretty sure I could have caught them.