1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Red Sox @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So funny that you think you know what Im going to find as an astro fan. Wtf is wrong with you?

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Ban me nick.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I am happy you are not the manager. Of course you're admitting you would've done the same stupid thing hinch did, and we woulda lost. You don't make the final out on 2nd or 3rd. Sorry. It was a bad call. Would it have been passive of springer to blast one over the wall?

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The fact is, NONE of us know what the right answer was last night. Hinch made a decision based on what he's seen from Kimbrel over the past year, and it backfired. It happens. To call it stupid, or the "worst baseball decision ever" is asinine and melodramatic. Last night sucked, but if there were two things to get more upset about, it was the ump having no freaking clue what a strike zone is, and Aoki hacking away at every pitch he saw instead of staying the **** out of the way for Fisher.

adw and Houstunna like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm sure you have another backup account ready to go... just in time for your next embarassing/childish tantrum to reveal itself.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Wow. What a comeback. Just stop.

7. Fyreball

What if Springer hit a single, and Fisher got held up at third? Or what if Springer hit a double, and Fisher was thrown out at home like Altuve the inning before?? Or what if Springer struck out trying to blast one onto the train tracks?? Those are all more likely than him hitting a homerun. Second guessing this kind of decision with the fervor that you're doing it makes no sense. Numbers were clearly on the side of Hinch's decision last night. Kimbrel is a mother****ing beast, and he wasn't "off" last night. He gave up a base hit. Chances are he wasn't going to give up another one.

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Im sure you aren't as smart as you want people to think you are. Probably live at moms
    Im sure you never leave your parents house.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And, thanks again to the village idiot.... the forum has once again reached a new low.

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We will never know what springer wouldve done. The bat was taken out of his hands

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Dont get mad nick. I know your best friends are here and all but settle down dude.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Don't you understand? If a pitcher is good, he's due to give up a hit (probably a HR if he's been *really* good). If he's bad, he'll definitely give up a hit because he's bad.

Short answer? Never do anything but swing hard or walk, because your players will always hit HRs. I'm pretty sure Springer is batting 1.000

13. Fyreball

Honestly, I blame Aoki more for that than I do Hinch. At worst, Fisher should have been on 2nd with 2 outs and Springer up to bat. Aoki swinging at every pitch he saw mucked up a lot. I understand he was going for the hit-and-run, but Jesus Christ, just get out of the damn way when you see Fisher get a huge jump.

adw likes this.
  14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Ok pal

15. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Keep beating that drum, man. The funny thing is that I agree with your premise about the CS. I would've rather seen what Springer could've done. But to come on here and scream your hatred for Hinch, insult everyone who disagrees with you, and act like a petulant child is something I won't do.

Take your own advice and just stop. I've never come at you or you insufferable posts and told you to pipe down...until you quoted me this morning for having an opinion that differs from yours. Like you said...just stop.

16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

No; just highly unlikely.

I likely would've had Aoki bunting - but I'm guessing Hinch's didn't want to waste the out getting him to second; would've absolutely bunted him over to 3rd had he successfully stolen 2nd.

And look, I'm not trying to be a dick - I think it's an interesting situation with no definitive right answer. But please don't debate from a standpoint of you thinking you're right just because we didn't see your hypothetical play out. George Springer makes an out 64% of the time. Craig Kimbrel records an out 87% of the time. The idea that the STEAL lost the game is silly as there was a high probability that Springer would have ended the game, steal or no steal, moments later.

If you want to bash Hinch, I think you could potentially get him for not taking the bat out of Aoki's hands when Fisher twice had huge jumps (though, to be fair, that's almost certainly on Aoki, who needs to be smarter there); for not bunting Fisher over (which was a safer bet than a steal but he likely didn't want to waste an out, which I understand). And I guess you could argue a bunt/steal probably takes the bat out of Springer's hands as I guess the Sox would *maybe* walk him.... though not only would it put the winning run on, it'd bring Altuve to the plate and I'd rather face Springer than Altuve in that situation, frankly.

Like I said, interesting situation with a lot of different possibilities. Fun to debate; not so much if you're going to act like a stubborn, know-it-all brat.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Actually you are right. You were not disrespectful to me in your initial post. I acted as if you were. You got me. My apologies to you.

18. T-Perro

T-Perro Member

Bottom line is the Astros are in trouble and losing series left and right.

Tomstro likes this.
  19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Also stupid for hinch to bat Aoki instead of Marwyn when he went for a lefty.

Hinch should've battled harder and gotten ejected standing up for Gurriel and those BS strike calls. Sometimes that lights a fire.

Our baserunning has sucked for several years and still no improvements.

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'd say bottom line is, Astros do much worse when their top 4 SP's are injured. Which every team in baseball would say.

We initially thought our team was immune to that issue. While they stayed competitive more than they might otherwise...they are not immune.

adw likes this.