1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Red Sox @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

2. E-Man

E-Man Member

Terrible home stand. 3-6? WOW! Where did the mojo go?

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Need to get back on the road......and healthy.

Yaosthirdleg and adw like this.
  4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You are absolutely exaggerating the "routine" nature of that decision. If you are ok with the aggression, fine. but to assume it was a decision every manager would make? No way. Not even close. BTW they threw over so much when there was one out. That doesn't imply Boston's thought process for the runner in Springer's AB

Nook, Houstunna and mick fry like this.
  5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't mind the steal attempt at all. You're trying to make things happen. It would take a force away and it would allow you to possibly tie it up with a single.

It didn't work out. It happens. On to the next one.

kaleidosky likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

3-6 looks terrible but they were a Feliz meltdown from winning that anaheim series . With Boston, a hoyt insertion from winning this game and winning the series.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

In the playoffs you always go for the steal. Think Tony Womack running in front of Luis Gonzalez in the 2001 Diambondbacks vs Yankees World Series. Or the Dave Roberts steal in 2004 in extra innings of game 4 down 3-0 to the Yankees that set up their historic comeback in the ALCS.

kaleidosky likes this.
  8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

This is why some people think you sound like canyonero. What does the fact that Fisher was in the minors last week have to do with his speed / ability to steal a base?

When the Rockets brought Wiltjer up, would you have preferred that he didn't shoot 3's because he was a D-LEAGUER?

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Sorry but you're not correct here. In fact, you are talking like an idiot. Stay off the board you are pissing me off with your homer BS. Please go away. Seriously man, you cant seriously defend that call with a straight face. You're just trying to be a dilck.

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

red sox aint shiit. screw them

11. fiersdownbelow

Guys, don't forget Hinch has a degree in psychology. Put Julia in his place and you have more testosterone.

Nook, roxallways and mick fry like this.
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Sorry man i do not give a f who idiots on here think i am. Again- i do not care at all. What i do care about are idiots defending that bullshit call. Go the f home with that garbage.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Aoki feels pretty useless to me. Isn't there someone better we can play than him? Or, are we just trying to be diversified?

Can he at least do the Dave Chapelle robot move in the dugout after another Astro hits a HR?

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Again with the always? And this after you just said he was winded from the Aoki ab.

Houstunna likes this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

just when i thought hinch was turning the corner. Stupid mfer

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Fisher has the legs to pull it off. In the moment you still give him the benefit of the doubt. The difference between tying it on a single vs needing a double or home run is still significant enough to incur the risk. It didn't work out, but the reasoning was sound.

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

18. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Geez you sound like an impetuous child. Aren't you like 40 years old?

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Our talent wins for us in the reg season. When it becomes a chess match in the playoffs against good managers we are done. I am not on here to impress anyone. I will leave that to the dork patrol. I simply don't care what message board folk think of me. If you defend that call i consider you an idiot anyway.

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

My guess is that he won't carry that all year. Hes due for a bad outing. We already got a hit off him. One swing from Springer couldve done it. You never ever take the bat out of his hands there. The throw was great but it simply does not matter. Bad call.