1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Pete Buttigieg running for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*Shrug*

Rocket River

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

When you have to explain the reference, it's not a good reference.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

This. We don’t hate Christians, we hate Christians who twist scripture to mean whatever they want it to mean in order to discriminate.

Apparently Jesus wasn’t a guy who washed the feet of strangers and kept company of prostitutes and lepers.

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Reverend Al is a scheming huckster, and anyone running for office that meets with him is just pandering to demographics.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. biff17

biff17 Member

While I agree about Sharpton but doesn't every candidate pander to demographics?

It's part of the job.

jcf likes this.
  6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Politicians always pander. This is no different. Butti knows where he's weak, he's just making the rounds to see what he needs to do to get more support from a huge Democratic voting block.

As for Sharpton, if all black so-called leaders are race hucksters then who is the white guy that always shows up to give a voice to problems in the black community? Where are they when it comes to problems in Chicago or Detroit or Flint? Why is Al Sharpton any different than people like Mike Pence who panders to the loony Liberty University types? It's a double standard.

#167 CometsWin, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
    biff17 likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think all black leaders are race hucksters. I think that Al Sharpton is a con man and doesn’t represent the interests of anyone but himself. I am not denying that other politicians are not guilty of pandering. I just have a strong personal revulsion to Al Sharpton. I find it extremely insulting that politicians just throw a bone at Sharpton or Jackson and the general attitude is that the concern or interest of the greater black community is met.

Oddly enough Sharpton and Trump probably have quite a bit in common.

Also Al Sharpton taking pandering to another level. He is a criminal, former FBI snitch, was heavily involved in the mob and really only has an interest in padding his own wallet. Also I have called out Republicans for kissing the ass of scumbags at Liberty University and other “leaders”. When Trump did it, it was especially stupid because he isn’t a practicing Christian.

Andre0087 and CometsWin like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I didn’t say Donald Trump didn’t pander.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Exactly. Too many of the American "Christians" are to Christianity as Wahbiism or Al Qaeda is to the Muslim faith.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd rather people to believe in the principles of this nation rather than spreading myths and fairy tales about our haloed Founding Fathers. There's failings on all sides of the aisle. Society sucks.

Naming events and things after old dead people is a huge foundation for nationalistic symbols, but we're so busy whitewashing (pun not intended) history that there isn't a consistent narrative on the role slavery and cultural oppression played in creating this country.

Conservatives deeply value these symbols while gravitating towards consistency rather than unstructured ambiguity. It means these remarks will always show up on their radar.

I'll give Jefferson a pass.

Andrew Jackson was never portrayed kindly in any history book and was treated more like Pecos Bill running a small backwater dump, doing/stealing/destroying whatever the **** he pleased while connecting with the masses by making his enemies look petty and out of touch.

If Pete becomes the main nominee, Cons could go the McCain/Kerry route and trash his service. I don't think it's as necessary anymore because both sides kneejerk to whatever corporate media says partisans should be angry at.

fchowd0311 and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. NewRoxFan

According to fox news, Mayor Pete Buttigieg (or who trump calls "Alfred E. Neuman") went "nuclear" on trump...

Buttigieg goes nuclear: Mayor Pete claims Trump faked disability to avoid draft, rips Biden
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/buttigieg-trump-faked-disability-to-avoid-draft

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Interesting and thoughtful idea...

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, if you listen to Mayor Pete, he's really really into systematic issues -- what can we change together that will help preserve our democratic ideals in a new era? It's pretty fascinating. And he acknowledges that some of these ideas (like the supreme court) might take a long, long time to implement, but his point is a good one: the current system is overly politicized and partisan and time is a wasting.

19. TheresTheDagger

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So glad it's official. CNN has been pushing this guy for months.
    Guess their other robot, Klobuchar, didn't work out.