1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Pete Buttigieg running for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

B-Bob and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]
    Drinkin' from a paper bag totally shows how street and urban he is.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

calls for Mayor Pete to resign over his response to the police shooting incident:

After the fallout from a recent police shooting unleashed turmoil on South Bend, former Common Council president Derek Dieter has a message for Mayor Pete Buttigieg: "resign."

"Because of Pete's selfishness, in my opinion, he is still the mayor," Dieter told the Washington Free Beacon. Dieter explained that if Buttigieg were to resign, a provisional mayor would be chosen in a caucus by city precinct leaders. A new mayor, Dieter said, would be able to devote greater attention to South Bend than Buttigieg as he is running for president.

"To me, it doesn’t make sense. If you're running for president, that's a lot of pressure, you got to be on the road," Dieter said. "Everything that happens in South Bend shouldn't be on your mind. You should be concentrating on running for president. So, I'm adamant that he should resign as mayor."
    Also is losing support from the police in South Bend:

The night of Buttigieg’s town hall, there were six shootings in South Bend. In one of them, a man was seen walking through a neighborhood, apparently targeting police.

"We knew they were shooting at the cops," a witness told ABC 57.

After the night of violence, South Bend's Fraternal Order of Police released a statement denouncing Buttigieg, saying he has "in no way unified the community."

"Mayor Buttigieg's focus on this incident is solely for his political gain and not the health of the city he serves," the FOP said on Monday. "Mayor Buttigieg's comments have already and will continue to have a detrimental effect on local law enforcement officers and law enforcement officers nationwide. Mayor Buttigieg's comments and actions are driving a wedge between law enforcement officers and the community they took an oath to serve."​

https://freebeacon.com/politics/former-common-council-president-to-mayor-pete-resign/

6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Apparently Mayor Pete is either not gay enough or the wrong kind of gay:

That’s why the hard left hates Buttigieg. Because he is a gay man who does not have what they believe is the correct “queer voice.” Because he represents an individual success story, who has entered public life to serve everyone — including Republicans — and because he has made choices in his life that are not compatible with being a proud countercultural subversive. Dale Peck has done us all a favor and made this crystal clear. It’s made my support of Buttigieg firmer than ever. With enemies like this, on far right and far left, he is doing something right.​

more at the link, second item down:
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...ump-betting-indecency-can-win-in-america.html

8. biff17

biff17 Member

Why is the one person " the hard left" ?

Why should we care what this guy thinks?

I actually read the article and it was written by a pompous ass, who thinks everybody should view the world as him.

It actually made no sense.

#188 biff17, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    joshuaao, No Worries and justtxyank like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you might have missed the reference to the Pressley quote, "We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice.”

10. biff17

biff17 Member

How do you know Pressley was talking about Mayor Pete.

And why do you think she agrees with the article?

This was a nobody writer who gave his particular opinion why do you think he speaks for the hard left?

Can you show me where he has a particular following or people that agree with
    him?

it seems the "hard left" denounced him.

http://www.newnownext.com/new-republic-dale-peck-op-ed-pete-buttigieg-apology/07/2019/

11. biff17

biff17 Member

This is another jewel from Dale Peck.

Peck has ruffled feathers before with his incendiary writing. He once told The Daily Beast, “f I have to read another book about the Holocaust, I’ll kill a Jew myself.”

Seems like an edgelord.

No Worries likes this.
  12. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

imo, this seems to be a bigger issue for him: it appears he will continue the "centrist" policies of previous presidents which is not exactly progessive.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/18/but...ldman-sachs-executive-as-policy-director.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Then you can see the attraction for @Os Trigonum .

CometsWin and biff17 like this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The far-right here must really be afraid of Mayor Pete. They are posting all sorts of bizarre crap about arguably the most intelligent Democratic candidate running for the nomination. I look forward to voting for the man in the Texas Democratic Primary.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You could do far worse than him.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The question begs. Who do the snowflake SCWs hate more? Non-white people? The gays? Women?

What this country needs is a brown/black lesbian to be our next President.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I talked to guy from Spain where they have had gay marriage for 15 years. Gays largely vote according to their income levels. Pete just appointed a guy from Goldman Sachs to be his chief advisor and he is raking in the corporate cash in direct appeals to them.

ryan_98 likes this.
  18. mick fry

mick fry Member

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize any who ever did watch the videos you posted here has long since stopped, right?

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol I don’t blame you, It’s your worst nightmare. This is some funny **** and most of you pansy asses can’t handle the truth.