1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] MLS Championship Game

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Castor27, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

CHAMPIONS!!!

How sweet it is!

Pizza Hut park was really great, we had standing room seats but were able to sit in seats at the top which were awesome. The atmosphere was not as great throughout the game b/c there were many "neutral fans", but the Texian army and other orange groups represented!!!

We drove with the caravan from Gallerie Furniture, got shipleys colaches, nice Dynamo t-shirts, parking passes, and great lunch (burgers, fajitas, nachos...) all for FREE! It was first class all the way. Oliver luck was even walking the parking lot, shaking hands, taking pics, and talking to every individual. What a class organization.

The game in itself was not the best but the final 30 were pure gut renching. After the Revolution goal, all the life was drawn out of the see of orange in the crowd and then who else but Ching comes to save the day once again. His #25 is fitting to another clutch houston sports figure, Big Shot Bob. CHing has always been there for the clutch play, his 4 goals on opening night, amazing bicycle kick goal of the year to clintch the playoffs, his header to win the aggregate 3-2 over Chivas USA, his header less than a minute after going down with 6 minutes left in the second O.T., and cap it off with his cup winning PK.

Really sweet first season!!! The fans were amazing throughout it all, hopefully more Houstonians will jump on the bandwagon and root for a classy organization with great individuals and players. No other sports team loves the fans like the Dynamo, they stay after every game and clap in appreciation of the fans and seem so approachable instead of just running into the locker room.

REPEAT in '07!!!

2. Rivaldo2181

"The Mexicanz", a morning show on Mega 101 played 2 songs created in honor of the Dynamos championship season; the dude who came up with the songs has a myspace page but I didn't catch his name. The first was rap about the team and the other was him redoing the J.T. "Sexy back" song but with lyrics about the DYnamo title. I'll look find out what his name is and you may be able to use that if you like how it sounds...

This would be really sweet as well: Champions League Anthem

#162 Rivaldo2181, Nov 13, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Unbeivable game...We were in Row 15, a row above the Houston section...We tailgated about 3 hrs b/f the game and had a great time...we ate, drank, had lots of fun...Ching is the man...

I'll post some pics once I download them...It was a bad azz game and atmosphere, at least where we were sitting... :cool: I got my hat at the game...

[​IMG]

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

So is there going to be a parade or something? Or was there today? :confused:

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

tuesday at city hall at 5pm.

i should be there.

7. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

8. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

dude, it was whack, but i was three feet from the trophy.

my coworker touched it.

i work next to city hall, so it was easy.

I was expecting more people, but oh well.

I was there 11 months ago when they made the announcement.

all 75 of us.

I was there to get some free coffee and orange juice, and some sweet bread.

i took some pics off my phone. i think the pics sucked.

10. Rivaldo2181

Here are some pics and video I took from the celebration:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1431236066"></a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=1431236066&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=1431236066&title=Dynamo Celebration"></a> | <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home"></a>

11. Rivaldo2181