1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] MLS Championship Game

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Castor27, Nov 6, 2006.

1. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I would also like to thank Castor for an official thread on the championship game!

Judging by the media coverage I've been able to see (though I reside in Austin for the school year) the Dynamo have been getting great media coverage this past week and I expect it to grow. I think Houston will be a great city for the MLS with the kind of support Houston tends to generate for its teams, especially those that do well.

2. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Yeah, way to go Dynamo! They got revenge for that fluke tie vs Crappids on the last game of the season.

Do I hear CHA-CHING !!! :D :D :D WooHoo, cheering for a championship (should have been two, ASTROS!) Dammit ...

LET'S GO DYNAMO !!!

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The Colorado Avalance won the Cup in 96 after moving from Quebec.

The Chicago Fire won the MLS Cup in the first year of existance.

I'm looking forward to this actually.

I hope we pull this **** off.

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

GO DYNAMO!!

5. halfbreed

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Fans and Team celebrating WC championship.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dvHfDHoNjTE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dvHfDHoNjTE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

COol promo for an older game....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VpwK6loxPVY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VpwK6loxPVY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#26 Uprising, Nov 6, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  7. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Sorry, but I don't like soccer and I don't care.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

sorry

just realized with this title it looks like we could really care what you care...nope....this is in reference to the hard play of the DYNAMO...your brain is working 66% and still losing... a brain for YaozaMac, anyone :confused:

9. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I've been to 4 season games and both playoff games so far. The 1st ever game (home opener) was amazing, with Ching's 4 goals but last night's WC finals was another level. The towel waving, sea of orange, chanting crowd throughout was fantastic!

I am going to Frisco to see the Dynamo win it all! GO DYNAMO!!!

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont like soccer, but the only soccer jersey I would wear is the dynamo jersey, its nice.

And I live in Mexico so here im tired of all the soccer here.

But lets go DYNAMO!!!

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i just saw a comercial for MLS cup.

I was pretty excited about it.

12. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

It's soccer, not futbol! Sheesh. Calling it futbol is idiotic.

13. halfbreed

In any language, we're one win from the championship.

Name one other Houston pro team that made the playoffs in 2006 and we'll call it whatever you want.

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

considering its a game played with one's feet, it makes more sense than soccer which is nothing but gibberish with no linguistic roots.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

aceshigh is just being aceshigh.

call it whatever you want, football, futbol, kick a ball around, and score 1-0 game.

I'll just call it soccer.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Again, that one came out of nowhere... who said "futbol"?? Can we call it football :rolleyes: ? Don't be silly, man. Root the DYNAMO... don't come in here to start a controversy, man.. :D

Whoa, oh, uh-oh... GO... DY-NA-MO!!!!

17. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Mattress Mac is sponsoring free busses to Frisco, breakfast, tailgating (food and drinks), and t-shirts will be provided.

Starting today (Tuesday the 7th), go to Tex-Star Motors on I-45 (5219 North Freeway). When you get there, simply ask for the bus passes to Dallas and they'll give them to you on the spot. Right now there are two busses and more will be added if there is demand for it. There should be an official announcment today.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433569

18. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

I will be there too!!!! I will be in row 13 of section 123. I get back from a business trip friday night only so I can go to the game!! I will drive up Saturday, but bveryone better get their butt there!!!!! Go Dynamo!!!! :D

19. halfbreed

According to the Dynamo's BigSoccer forum, there's supposed to be some kind of major announcement regarding the team tomorrow @ 5 p.m.

Perhaps a stadium deal or new ownership?

20. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up. I hope it's a stadium deal. It seems like the MLS likes to have stadiums in the suburbs instead of the City.

FC Dallas: Frisco, TX
    L.A. Galaxy: Carson, CA
    Chicago Fire: Bridgeview, IL

I personally like stadiums to be close to the city because I like the city background. But I guess it makes sense for a soccer team to be located in the suburbs where there are tons of youth soccer leagues. My guess would be Sugar Land.