1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Kamala Harris for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 21, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope the Democrats don't get too cute.
    Just let the process play out and select who wins not who they want in place like they did with Hillary and Bernie
    People are generally going to vote Democrat are the ones saying ANYONE BUT TRUMP
    but
    IF they put in someone that those people don't like. . . .. their hatred of Trump may not be enough to motivation to make them get out in vote

Rocket River

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

True. Turnout is key.

However I hope people don’t turn on really solid candidates just because the media finds things to create faux scandals over for whataboutism arguments on the B block of the news cycle.

No candidate will be perfect. There might not even be a Obama type who can draw huge crowds and give amazing speeches. We cannot allow what we really like about our candidates get drown out by some stupid scandal like Beto and his nickname. Trumpers will hate Kamala, Beto, Biden, whoever regardless. So any excuse they get they will use and they were never voting for them anyways. Just wait... it won’t take long here for Bobby, RL, Tellv, etc to throw their “Ill never vote for Kamala because X” comments here. It’s coming.

And the media needs a scandal or two for both sides. Kamala will be picked apart like everyone else. Can’t let it affect enthusiasm this time.

JeffB and Nook like this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

She is not a good candidate. She does not inspire. More importantly, she is not good at messaging. She can work on both but ...

Andre0087, Hakeemtheking and Nook like this.
  5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

She would make a badass Attorney General.

Why don't candidates assemble a coalition of future Cabinet Secretaries and present themselves a Team? It would be more definitive of their administrative philosophy and their strength within the party. I guess the beauty contest that is announcing 2 years out is sort of running for cabinet positions.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

She has warts . . .they will come out
    I think being a former Prosecuter will be a hinderence

Rocket River

FrontRunner and Nook like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some of them have come out already.

and

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    To win an election, you have to have an X-factor that can pick up votes not covered by the traditional bases. Obama's x-factor was the urban vote. Trump's x-factor was the non-political vote. W's x-factor was the Latino vote. What is Kamala Harris' x-factor? I don't see it. She lacks the charisma to develop a burning hot candidacy. I don't see the urban vote coming out for her like Obama -- who was the first African-American President, although some may highlight that he is half white and was raised outside of the black culture. Kamala Harris is similarly half black, as her mother is Indian and father is Jamaican. The ugly side of politics will likely rear its head when Kamala Harris is accused of sleeping her way to the top as her indecent exploits with Willie Brown are publicized.

GOOD DAY

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Recall that Obama said she's the best-looking attorney general in the country. So she's got THAT going for her . . . which is nice.

"Speaking at a fundraiser in a wealthy San Francisco suburb, President Obama praised the looks of California Attorney General Kamala Harris.

“ 'You have to be careful to, first of all, say she is brilliant and she is dedicated and she is tough, and she is exactly what you’d want in anybody who is administering the law, and making sure that everybody is getting a fair shake,' Obama said. 'She also happens to be, by far, the best looking attorney general in the country.'”
    Pretty sure in the #MeToo era he couldn't get away with that blatantly sexist and offensive remark. ;)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...king-attorney-general/?utm_term=.095b1db9a96a

Astrodome and El_Conquistador like this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

the urban vote and, in particular, suburb women vote.

following her popular political career in SF, she then won two statewide elections; the results show that
    she has strong support in such urban centers as SF, LA and SD, as well as the traditional Republican suburbs in "Orange County"

just because you don't see doesn't make it so. bluntly put, ur clueless as to her background and popularity w both urban and suburb voters.

is that the best u can do, resorting to Trump's / Alex Jones' playbook of convenient lies, lies and more damn lies ?

#10 adoo, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I can already see how 2020 is gonna play out.

[​IMG]

JeffB, MiddleMan, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Metoo doesn't apply to Obama and other golden leftist calves.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL you crying about "best looking"? snowflake!

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Am I? I am just pointing out the inconsistencies on the far left. Policing my own if you will since I am an actual liberal. You need to stop assuming things and learn to read better.

jcf likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so what's there to police about?? "best looking"

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. dobro1229

Was that right before or right after he said he was going to "grab her by the P&$$y"?

18. dobro1229

So with Beto we have:

-"I'll never vote for someone who goes by a latino nickname who is white"

With Warren we have:

-"She shouldn't be talking about Native American heritage since she's white and doesn't belong to a tribe"

and with Kamala it is:

-"I'll never vote for someone who Obama said was the best looking prosecutor"

When these are the scandals the Right is using to bloody up the other side, I feel pretty good about the background of the candidates this season. Then again... "but her emails" worked so who knows how stupid the electorate & the media will be in 2020. Never ceases to amaze.

Yeah... again to my point... these hacks were never voting for Kamala, Beto, Bernie, or whoever to begin with. When these are the excuses you are using, you are just trying to do your part as a Trump hack to suppress enthusiasm for candidates, and create this need to find a unicorn that does not exist. Trump's only way to win in 2020 is to bloody up the other side with scandal and faux controversies & get the media to play along like they always do. His followers are more than happy to be foot soldiers for King Trump and play their part.

Kamala is a solid candidate based on what I've seen so far. Obama calling her attractive does not dissuade my support for her, or any other candidate.

#18 dobro1229, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    JeffB likes this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No just idiots who have no actual principle and use these fake offended attitudes to attack other tribes.

also...
    I never expressed that I personally care about Obama's remark. People are so touchy about the golden calf of golden calves... DemiGod Obama

[​IMG]

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Too willing to promote false narratives. Not a good choice. Divisive. Tulsi all the way.